deep pan and windage tray

-

gremlin

268Darts
Reaction score
Do you need to run a windage tray in a 7 qt pan? I bought it used, so no idea of the brand. It does have the baffel all the way around the sump area.

...........Yes u should.............others will say that the oil is too far away and u dont need it...........kim........

Do you need to run a windage tray in a 7 qt pan? I bought it used, so no idea of the brand. It does have the baffel all the way around the sump area.

on a deep skirt block and deep baffled pan you really dont need one...

would i... yes... for the 70 bucks its worth it...

If you want one, buy it and put it in there.

Even though you are using a 7 quart pan. I assume you will be using all 7 quarts . this will bring the oil level to the same place on the dip stick as the stock pan. Even though there is a baffle there is more oil to slosh around. Spend the extra cash on two pan gaskets and use the Windage tray , it can only help. You may have to cut the tray a little to use the longer pick-up so fit it first before applying the gaskets. This maybe helpful info if not disreguard. Steve

Yeah the oil pan on this Hemi I am workin on holds 12 quarts. It's a factory full sump truck pan. You can bet it will have a windage tray if I have to make one. Puttin one in my slant too. I already have that one.

a windage tray does more then keep the oil from moving up into the spinning crank, or the wind off the spinning crank blowing the oil all over the place. the little slots cut off the strings of oil coming off the crank , which in itself frees up a few ponies. every motor will benefit from one.

6pkattack, this is what i do for my stoker motor. buy some moroso windage screen. buy 2 pan gaskets. trace out the gaskets on thin aluminum sheet, make it a little wider on the inside of the long sides. bend and fit the screen down into the pan. get the holes in the screen aimed towards the oil coming at it. cut it and bolt it to the aluminum rail. smash bolts so the nuts don't come off or rivit it to to rail.

-
Back