Deer hunters ???

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
Anybody else getting the itch yet ???

Attachments

• 20110815_63.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 297
Usually when I feel that first cold snap of the year. Then I start thinking, If it walks,crawls or fly's, it's gotta die! Just kidding. But yeah when it's cool for the first time, I start thinking of hunting camp.

I am trying to get my lic. I did the online portion of the test and passed with a 97% but I haven't been able to find a place that has spots available for the shooting portion of the test. Not to worried the tests are geared towards kids and were ineradicably easy thus far.

EDIT: I just signed up for the class!!!!! WAHOO!!!!! Aug 30th and then hopefully bambi will be very tasty!

Sept. 15 is opening day for archery here in Nebraska so I don't have much time to wait. Plan on shooting about 4 or 5 this year with the price of meat the way it is. We have a "season choice" license which means that with one of these licenses you can use whatever weapon is in season at that time to shoot 2 does on one license. I have a bow, crossbow, deer rifle, and muzzleloader so I'll be hunting from Sept 15 to a little ways into January. Oh yea and this makes my wife REAL happy. But to answer your question you bet I'm getting the "itch".

its gonna be a sucky season out my way. With the drought in full effect and no end in sight I don't see this season being any good. My cunado's went out to the Sonora/Ozona area to check our normal spots and they said the deer are all skin and bone...

Edit: What briar patch you shoot around at Sleeper?

Yep,hunting is a rich mans game these days,especially in B.C With the heavy forest and mountains it takes tons of gas just to get where the deer are! Plus the never ending licens and tags/taxes and equipment.

I do hope to get one though. I've got the itch so bad,Im killing deer on Cabela's 2005 Deer Hunter!

I've heard plenty about hunting in the Sask region from my now deseased father in law. He talked about shooting deer on the way home from work,lol. Said it was as easy as going out on his back porch.

Not so here!

Why mess around with a little deer when you can have one of these big boys. LOL. I just went scouting today for the upcoming bull elk hunt. I will post some trail camera pics from the last couple of years later. I killed this one a couple of years ago on an over the counter archery hunt.

Attachments

• Idaho Bull.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 269
Deer season is still 2 1/2 months away for me. Pickins look pretty slim right now after the bad winter we had last year. On the upside, I will be going moose hunting in September. My brother and a co-worker each got a license and guess who the guide is. Mmmm, moose steaks, burger, ribs, sausage.

Jack

Was a dear hunter at one time. Bow hunter when I lived in Jersey, and used a 7mag both here in Georgia and in California for the two years I lived out there.
I no longer do either now, no particular reason, just lost the need about 20 years ago.

The floods and river stages has moved everything from giant Bobcats to big packs of coyotes in new feeding area's and we are smaked in with dear this year on the hill.
I have the tracking itch I guess, This heat has kept me in and our states water sheds I have all around me (4 with in 5 miles) and many small ponds have been very active
I have herd more stories of dear getting in peoples gardens this year then I can remember.
I will keep feeding them corn and salt for another couple months and let a couple good freezes roll in before I take any meat. Looks like they upped the bag limit this year for archery.

I have herd more stories of dear getting in peoples gardens this year then I can remember.
I will keep feeding them corn and salt for another couple months and let a couple good freezes roll in before I take any meat. Looks like they upped the bag limit this year for archery.

Hey Mike, you can hunt dear here at my house with a hammer! lol Not only are they always in my back and side yards, but I think they grown used to me being around. They no longer run away!

I fed them corn and oats and drop a salt lick here and there, and a couple of years ago I planted about a half acre of clover, they love it.

It's not uncommon to be working in the yard, and have a couple of dear just a few feet away. My wife started naming them!!!!!! lol

Hey Mike, you can hunt dear here at my house with a hammer! lol Not only are they always in my back and side yards, but I think they grown used to me being around. They no longer run away!

I fed them corn and oats and drop a salt lick here and there, and a couple of years ago I planted about a half acre of clover, they love it.

It's not uncommon to be working in the yard, and have a couple of dear just a few feet away. My wife started naming them!!!!!! lol
About the same here Frankie, They move in on us about dusk and are thick about 10pm and early morning :D A friend about 100 yards away let's his labs runn after 5pm and the dear stay away, but they have learned he puts his dogs up about 8 pm and then they walk threw with there yearlings.
Last year in early November my wife was outside in here lamp shop and a nice 8 to 10 point ran right by her as I watched it being chaced by a pair of dogs at the bottom of the hill, She said what the hell was that noise in shock becouse of my gravel, The dogs stopped at the bottom of the hill but that big buck kept running strait up the hill darting around tree's to my place , scared Treva to death :D

Deer and Elk (heck Cows too!!!) RUN when they see me!!! I guess they can smell the "shooter" in the air...

I'm ready, I have a new inline muzzleloader and an itchy trigger finger. Besides the way groceries are getting I plan on stocking up from the woody grocery store.

I used to be years ago. I haven't hunted since I moved to Colorado. I would like to get an elk one day though.

I hunt in both Northeast Texas and Southwest Akansas. love bowhunting whitetails but I hunt about anything that I'm able. Headed to Alaska next month to bowhunt moose and caribou. Can't wait..

Why mess around with a little deer when you can have one of these big boys. LOL. I just went scouting today for the upcoming bull elk hunt. I will post some trail camera pics from the last couple of years later. I killed this one a couple of years ago on an over the counter archery hunt.

Very nice bow kill.. A bow elk is on my bucket list..Hint...Hint...

Nows Thats An Ideal.Been trying to sell some Mopars.Perhaps I should try to trade one for Hunting Trip.Deer,Antelope or Elk be great.

Apply for a New Brunswick, Canada moose hunt next year. If you get drawn, we can see what we can work out. I have everything needed including a good camp. All you would need for the hunt would be yourself, and the license.

Jack

Hell yea!! Bow season starts sept. 1st here in delaware. Been seeing a few nice bucks in the last couple weeks. Gettin the inch!! Still cheep to hunt here, only $15.00 bucks for license n that covers bow,muzzleloader, n shotgun season's. Doe tags are only $10.00 bucks n you can buy as many as you want. Good old delaware the tax free state.

Hell yea!! Bow season starts sept. 1st here in delaware. Been seeing a few nice bucks in the last couple weeks. Gettin the inch!! Still cheep to hunt here, only $15.00 bucks for license n that covers bow,muzzleloader, n shotgun season's. Doe tags are only $10.00 bucks n you can buy as many as you want. Good old delaware the tax free state.
Lucky! its a lot more over here......

-
Back