Definition of insanity

-

JDCLE

Reaction score
I am getting the 66 Valiant ready for a short road trip with my son and my wife came out to take a peak at what I was up to.

She said this is the definition of insanity.

As I went to explain my rationale for restoring the door cards and painting the interior of the door she walked away…

view

8E42E0C5-FED0-47EB-8ABB-CED6DB476F7B.jpeg

Gonna be seeing a lot more of the door from the driver's seat than the rest of the car.
A buddy in college lost some hubcaps. Couldn't find a matching pair. Couldn't afford all 4. So he ran 2 of each on either side.
"no one sees both sides at the same time" became a common refrain from then on.

LOL . To funny . My wife cannot wait for my passing she thinks she will be rich. She’s tired of me saying one more thing , i need i more thing . Yep, now she walks away.

Ha! I love it, here’s a quick update on the results. Overall not to bad, I’ll give myself a solid B with extra credit for actually sanding the top of the doors. It’s just rattle can paint with the vinyl paint for the cards, but it looks nice! I need to start a project thread.

C18D8DFB-222C-4E29-A515-7364B2A8BC73.jpeg

FA199C9D-1BC7-4AAB-AB02-95DD0D035811.jpeg

C44ABA3A-28CB-4D9C-BE44-B4B803EABB0A.jpeg

Gonna be seeing a lot more of the door from the driver's seat than the rest of the car.
A buddy in college lost some hubcaps. Couldn't find a matching pair. Couldn't afford all 4. So he ran 2 of each on either side.
"no one sees both sides at the same time" became a common refrain from then on.
i did kinda the same thing. i had 2 sets of aluminum slots. very similar but not identical. so i ran 1 set on each side. no one ever mentioned it.

That looks great! I say it's new wife time.

I am getting the 66 Valiant ready for a short road trip with my son and my wife came out to take a peak at what I was up to.

As I went to explain my rationale for restoring the door cards and painting the interior of the door she walked away…

view

View attachment 1715986298
She doesn't appreciate the finer things in life.

Many people are that way. I remember back in high school, I started restoring my Duster. A buddy of mine laughed at the car in disrespect. My own mother said, "why are you spending money on the piece of ****." So I worked very hard on it. Went to the junk yard and pulled some nice parts. Then I had it painted-b5 blue. Then everything changed- compliments all over! The neighbors stared commenting about how nice it was. Now my 75 year old mother protects the car. Don't listen to the Nay-sayers.

I had a Japanese car when I lived in Korea. It was missing a side marker light on one side. I got a $100 paint job on it and had them fill in the hole on the fender where the sidelight was missing. No one ever noticed! :lol:

I can't take credit for this, but it went something like:

WHAT TO COPY AND PASTE INTO THE SPECIAL MESSAGE WHEN BUYING MORE CAR PARTS:

Dear driver, You MUST place this box UNDER THE BUSHES on the NORTH side of the house. This is important because I cannot buy more car parts, and this box contains said products. If you do not place the container under the bushes on the NORTH side of the house, my wife will find the package and KILL ME. That will make you an ACCESSORY TO MURDER. So, in advance, you're welcome for not sending you to jail..... and thanks. P.S. The six-pack of beer you will find in the bushes is for you.

view

View attachment 1715986298
One man’s sanity is another man’s insanity

-
Back