Defroster hoses

-
the with and without a/c are different. None are easy to find. Good luck

It wont be factory correct but I got mine at the hardware store. I think it was duct for a dryer. Did not cost much either.

Try Facca Fasteners in London Ontario. They have dash bulb holders, headlight adjusters and MORE

Facca Fastners in ST. Thomas as London don't carry tubing, I was there picking up s/s bumper bolts (at a cheap price.)

i recently replaced mine using some basic black air cleaner/vent hose from my local car quest auto parts. works perfect and looks as nice as can be.

someone should create a rigid defrost header ...
with its own case fan ? LOL

The chineese cant knockoff anything they dont have a sample of :Þ

check out legendaryautointeriorsonline.com I have their catalog and they have pipes in their and dash vents. I got their dash vents and they fit great in my 70 A body, and the catalog says it has 63-66 abody ones

The size I was going to order was 6 feet ( 2x3) of the 2" without any adapters, the heater outlets are 2' and tubes should slide over.

Copy and paste from my web site:

The ducts themselves are 2.5” in diameter. One outlet on the heater box is 2” and the other is about 2.25”. So, I ordered some 2“ and 2.5” duct hose from Nostalgic Air Parts who sells hose by the foot along with their 2” to 2.5” adaptor. I attached a piece of 2.5” directly to one of the ducts in the dash. I then attached a short piece of 2.5” hose to the other duct, followed by the reducer, and then the length of 2” hose. If you look closely at the left hose above you can see it.

The nice thing is, the 2” hose fits on the heater box outlet snugly, and the 2.5” hose fits the slightly smaller outlet with enough interference that it would probably stay on by itself. A zip tie will secure it for sure.

hoseadaptorimg.jpg

backofdashimg.jpg

Thanks for the info on the ducts ,but the $70 shipping fee is a little too much. Before I do any thing else I might try NAPA for 2" emission control duct hoses first.

3 feet of which sizes and what adapter(s) exactly ? thanks

When you open up the link, scroll down to the kit on the bottom. Shows the
two hose sizes and the adapt. The price for the kit is for only one foot each
of the hoses. Add $1.99/foot for the 2" hose and $2.29/foot for the 2.5" hose

Total should be $9.27 + 1.99 + 1.99 + 2.29 + 2.29
for a grand total of $17.83......Free shipping!

If you order online, just order qty 3 for each hose...
that's what I did.

I'm not sure about free shipping out of the country.

Thanks for the info on the ducts ,but the $70 shipping fee is a little too much. Before I do any thing else I might try NAPA for 2" emission control duct hoses first.
That`s all I did and went to hardware store and got pvc pipe adapter. if wanted, paint adapter black as you can look through the vents and see the white adapters. some day I`ll pull mine back out and paint-:clock:-naaa

Copy and paste from my web site:

The ducts themselves are 2.5” in diameter. One outlet on the heater box is 2” and the other is about 2.25”. So, I ordered some 2“ and 2.5” duct hose from Nostalgic Air Parts who sells hose by the foot along with their 2” to 2.5” adaptor. I attached a piece of 2.5” directly to one of the ducts in the dash. I then attached a short piece of 2.5” hose to the other duct, followed by the reducer, and then the length of 2” hose. If you look closely at the left hose above you can see it.

The nice thing is, the 2” hose fits on the heater box outlet snugly, and the 2.5” hose fits the slightly smaller outlet with enough interference that it would probably stay on by itself. A zip tie will secure it for sure.

I copied your setup and it worked out great......thanks!

-
Back