degreasers

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi guys want to pick your minds on what to use to remove grease from the k frame and steering gear. I would like something i can brush on and rinse off.Have used gunk degreaser in a can but done get much for the money.

its smelly as hell but gets the funk off well.... oven cleaner...i bought all kinds and it wouldnt get the job done.... a chassis builder friend told me oven cleaner... and thats what i use now....a can goes a loooonnngggg way..

If you are near a truck stop, you could ask the truck wash if they would do it. Most big rig drivers get their entire engine bay power washed.

2x on the oven cleaner! Works great. Watch out for the fumes tho. Can take your breath away lol. Can get it at the dollar store for a buck, well plus stupid tax but works awesome!

For a non caustic answer, Greeze-off in a yellow spray bottle, scrub with bristle brush, water hose on high to get off.

Over cleaner,does that mean i will have to put on a skirt.

yes and wear panties please...let me know how you like the oven cleaner... spray and run or use a resporator.... like he said it is potent and take the oxygen from you...

Oven cleaner, but don't be cheap. The cheap dollar store stuff didn't do as well as name brand.
50 years of dirt,oil,grime still needs a bit of elbow grease.

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2214.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2205.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 155
wow i can smell all that cleaner from here! lol
nothing more sexy than a rearend covered in foam.....

The owner of the machine shop I use has developed a pretty awesome degreaser. Its stronger than simple green, purple power, etc, but doesn't stain aluminum and doesn't kill your hands. He gave me a sample for my parts washer and I was very impressed. If your interested Ill PM you some info.

The owner of the machine shop I use has developed a pretty awesome degreaser. Its stronger than simple green, purple power, etc, but doesn't stain aluminum and doesn't kill your hands. He gave me a sample for my parts washer and I was very impressed. If your interested Ill PM you some info.

Please do.

-
Back