Del is experimentally "throwing in the towel" re: NO smart phone EVER

-
In my spare time, waiting for the new sim cards in the mail. Meanwhile, in my spare time, trying to find hacks and stuff to play with. Unfortunately, there is some idiot software ("apps") that are bundled and you cannot remove. Also unfortunately, nobody seems to have the magic touch to "root" these things. There is lots of annoyances such as "NFL" app and other crap I don't want/ won't use.

Also left them all powered, and constantly "woke them up" through the day. Quickly found which has the best battery. That one will be "the one."

I am still "correct", tho. There is an awful, AWFUL lot I do not like about smartphones

I read an article a few years ago that something like 70% of company CEO's still used a flip-phone. They let their flunkies play with the small screen and keyboard on a smart phone, while they use verbal commands and think big thoughts.

Well, I am finally "on the air." This was NOT a smooth road. I started to "fire it up" but Verizon said I needed a new SIM. So I just got the new sim Wed, but late Thurs, I discovered that evidently because Verizon could not set up the new phone, I thought it was in limbo, BUT THE PUT IT ON MY ACCOUNT as "live" and decided IT WAS BEHIND ON FEES so they DEACTIVATED MY ORIGINAL PHONE!!!

So Fri. morning I got up and raised hell, finally got through to a human on "chat" and finally got my original phone back on the air

Then early eve. Fri, I got some time, FINALLY got a human on the tech line on my original phone, and finally got the new "smart" phone programmed and ON THE AIR

Now a little at a time, I'm wading through the bloatware that Verizon incorporated on these to remove or at least disable it.

I take back what I said. At the end of all this, you're going to be an expert in yet another subject. I'm finally understanding the madness!

Buy a Pixel6, They are under $300 solid, GREAT phone, no bullshit phone that just WORKS...... Either that or a Oneplus Nord N10. Sure its Chinese, but it too, is a solid, NO BS phone. Under $200 all day long. Verizon & AT&T can go to hell!! Im a T Mobile/Consumer Cellular kinda Guy. Great rates, crisp, clear phone calls.

I was actually
I take back what I said. At the end of all this, you're going to be an expert in yet another subject. I'm finally understanding the madness!
hoping this was quite "hackable" as many of the Android components are. However I'm reading that Verizon has this pretty well locked down. If you have heard the term "root" the device, I haven't seen a procedure yet, that anyone claims works.

Welp, here is the end of the story: I only THOUGHT I disliked smartphones. Turns out I REALLY do not like smartphones

This one I bought has poor audio for a nearly deaf guy. I can still use the flip just line. So if I went "smart" I'd have to have more hardware, blutooth or wired headset, etc, to even use the thing for an actual phone

I dislike attempting to deal with say, Google maps on the thing. Just not enough display

PhlakeBooke Marketepharce is nearly unuseable on the thing, same reason as maps

I've had the smart alongside the flip for nearly a month, and today, went into the Verizon joint and had them shut off the "smart" and then add hotspot / tethering to my flip. This is only 10 bucks cheaper a month than having both phones BUT I can hook my main laptop up to the flip and it's nearly like being hooked to the router at home.

I think this is gonna work fine

-
Back