Demand and Supply

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Dan please inform us what is the issue for you with this car?? Its in Mo. it is a 71 Duster. Looks like a nice car to go check out and take cash and dicker if it meets your criteria. Please let us all know. Really.
Do you have the rest available from a bank in a days time?
No, this is why I have to talk to a credit union. The bank wants a vin and not having a car picked out is why I'm going for a signature loan

Im
I'm going to talk with my local credit union and see if they have signature loans. My bank doesn't do signature loans. I want enough cash on hand to buy a car, pay the sales tax, plates and insurance, I don't believe in drive away tags.
that's a very smart idea, and really the only way you should be buying a car.

way to go dan!

Wow Dan. Find a car you want, is this above mentioned Duster not in your budget? Ask your insurance agent that IF you buy this car that it is insured at that moment. Dicker, buy it and drive the darn car home IF that car suits you.!!! Pay the sales tax, tag it next week, next month, next year, what ever. Get 'er done man!! Life is SHORT friend!!

I'm a careful spender. And for your information I'm not a Ford or a Chevy guy, but I do have knowledge about the sbf and the sbc. I'm not a one brand car guy.
Carefull spenders don't get loans for classic cars.its funny you've been talking g about not being able to find a car to buy when you don't even have the funds to buy the damn car, you don't even have a loan secured. I think the dream of having the car is what gets you off. If you were a serious buyer it'd be done by now. Farkin joke.

Carefull spenders don't get loans for classic cars.its funny you've been talking g about not being able to find a car to buy when you don't even have the funds to buy the damn car, you don't even have a loan secured. I think the dream of having the car is what gets you off. If you were a serious buyer it'd be done by now. Farkin joke.
In Dan's defense, I believe he has previously stated he has some $20-25000 in cash to be used. If it is meant to be, I truly wish Dan to find a car to enjoy and love.

I don't mind if it needs interior work or the engine or suspension system needs attention

the headliner was trash and the seats were a different color and style as they didn't match the door panels.
The green dart and blue duster were both sweet. C'mon Dan the "Man". Its garbage this guy gets any response.......yet here I am.....its so weird.

Dan, Please post a pic of your self with todays newpaper. I just can't believe this ****. And before you say that would be "giving away your position" or something, realize, we all going in the other direction. I'm sure you are very nice in person, but you don't seem all that believable online. You must understand this.

Somewhere, there is a 12 year old german kid winning bets that he is getting the Amerikans to suck on a hook.

I'm going to talk with my local credit union and see if they have signature loans. My bank doesn't do signature loans. I want enough cash on hand to buy a car, pay the sales tax, plates and insurance, I don't believe in drive away tags.
Hey Dan

I assume that you own a home, and have some equity? Easiest, and cheapest money that you will ever get is a homowners line of credit. This way, you will have access to a couple of hundred grand for whatever you want, without having to beg the bank for the cash. Use only what you need, and pay it off as fast as you can. You seem like a guy that wouldn't abuse the credit.......Might be an option?

I've clicked on the duster several times and the page says that it's not available.
Someone with cash money who wanted the car ran and grabbed it.
They did not care if needed new tires, seat ripped, wrong valvle covers, strearing wheel was after market. They wanted and had the cash in hand to buy it. Then swap tires, tune up, seats, brakes, hoses, fluid changes, belts etc smallest things to.them to have a safe cool old dependable car.
If you can't afford the small stuff fixed when bought. PLUS spares to keep in trunk you should not have an old car.
Amd the last part goes for everyone.
When i was daily basis using my 1971 Challenger i needed a part a few times and had it with me. I also help many on the road with what i had who were not prepared.

I've clicked on the duster several times and the page says that it's not available.
That's BS.

1691254805590.png

My son has a Performance Engine Machine shop. He gets pistons for anything he is working on from his suppliers. No matter what engine you are working on you will need to have all the measurements to order the pistons.

Not just send me 318 pistons. You will also need to have the block prepped for those pistons. Each piston is fitted to the bore it is going in. There are times that sets of pistons have a different diameters between the 8 pistons for final fitment honing the cylinders. End gaps for the rings are also different per cylinder

Most new pistons have enough material to correct the valve relief for larger valves or cams. You can also correct compression with gasket thickness or cutting the deck.

My suggestion to you is to let the shop that is doing your block work order the pistons. Tell them the compression ratio you want and if they know what they are doing it shouldn't be an issue. They will need a head to do this.
All good points, but in his case there is no shop, there is no car, and probably there is no engine. No pistons will be bought, only complaining about a lack of options- same as when he is discussing buying a car.

Those pistons don't have valve reliefs, kinda useless for a performance engine.
Easy enough to get the machine shop to machine two valve reliefs into the pistons. Then port the intake reliefs on the cylinder center side to aid low lift glow. DV describes how to do this in his How to Build Power book.

Easy enough to get the machine shop to machine two valve reliefs into the pistons. Then port the intake reliefs on the cylinder center side to aid low lift glow. DV describes how to do this in his How to Build Power book.
I agree.
If they can not cut valve reliefs or cut some off a thick Pistons deck i would be worried that they could not line hone, install.cam bearings, bore and hone.
I would be elsewhere.

Oh, you know what kind of phone and internet service that I have, now that's BS. l live out in the country where internet is not the best, so I suggest that you don't take about something that you have no idea about.
If you can get this site on your phone or home computer, you can get Facebook and their Marketplace. I'm calling bull crap on that one. There's times when I'm in Wal mart I can't get internet but I don't get any of it not just a website or two.

If you have services to post here it will get you there. So i call BS

Just pack up and go home. I don't buy $20k cars, but I've made it happen regardless of how little money I had saved up. There are so many ways to pay for a car, get the loan approved and pay back whatever method you used to buy the car. My friend bought a car using all his credit card cash available. Not the smartest thing, but he got it done. Then he paid off the cards when he sold a car. If you really wanted a car, you'd be making it happen.

No cell phone service but you can click on the link you need internet to see? C'mon man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back