DEMON 340 4SPD RESTORATION

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
This is the 71 demon im working on for a guy. The paint & body are done. Now he asked me to put it together except for the engine & trans. I restored the front & rear suspension & front steering. Just finished with the brake & fuel system. I put the rear tail panel stripe on today. I had nothing to go by its my first demon restoration. When it comes to the 340 decal beside the demon decal ive seen two different ways. It being on the top right & bottom right. So i put it on the top right. Whether its right or not it still looks good. More pictures to come as i get things done. I also talked him into put on the wide black stripes on the hood. Going to need measurements if anyone has one with the 71 demon hood stripes.

DALTON ROLES DEMON 001.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 002.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 003.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 004.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 005.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 006.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 007.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 008.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 009.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON 010.JPG

Really nice looking paint. What does a paint and bodywork like that cost?

Great job man,love to get you to do a couple of mine

20220928_184122.jpg

Here is a good reference for placement of the DEMON 340 decal on the rear tail panel - rear transverse stripes.

Moving the DEMON decal to the left - and placing the 340 decal BELOW the DEMON decal is what the factory did in 1971.

Here is a short video featuring a 1971 Demon 340 with the correct placement of the factory decals on the sides and the rear panel:

Also here is a previous thread on this site with info. on 1971 Demon 340 stripe and decal placement - see the photo at the start of the thread of the rear transverse stripe along with proper placement of the decal "DEMON 340" ....

Last edited:
This video at the 4- 5 minute mark shows the correct rear transverse stripes and the correct "DEMON 340" decal placement.

If i can get it back off ill have to order another one & put it on the bottom right

Now that's a great body man...your customer might be happy with the way it is..best of luck..wish I was closer to get a few done

-
Back