Demon 340 six pack factory?

-
Unless a TA or AAR....then factory. Also, Norms used 435hp/427 Corvette carbs on his 6 pack set ups. Fuel line is on the linkage side; opposite to all other Mopar factory 6 packs.

It seems that people constantly judge others by the way they want things , some people have tattoos , I don't , some people have pierced ears , I don't , some people have shaved heads , I am not ashamed of my balding head , it means I have survived for awhile , I just bought a 1968 baracuda with a 318 , it will have a 340 when it is done , why , because it is mine and I will do whatever I want with it , if you don't like it nobody asked you to comment or look at it , many brave people fought and died to give me the right to do whatever I like in this great country including my car , if you don't like it , WALK AWAY

I just don't get it. Sure I can appreciate a great factory restoration, but Barrett Jackson and the numbers matching crowd has so many folks drinking the Kool-aid of "It has to be original to be of any value". Anybody could walk into a dealership and buy a 340 A-body, where was the craft in that? I'm glad all of my Darts started life as 318 2bbl cars because nobody cares what I choose to do with them. How fast they go and how cool they look is totally a result of my hot rodding imagination... Having a 6 pack 340 A-body should be a badge of honor, especially if you can get the set up to run well, partly because nobody made that combination for you.

This is so they can low ball you when selling. I blame American pickers. I know a guy who buys and sells like he's American pickers. He tried to sell me an average condition
parts missing not stock 67 Harley sportster for $7500. I said " I wont pay a dime more than 5 grand..." he walked, its ok... I didn't want it anyway same guy supposedly a Mopar guy tries telling me his lime green 70 dart is an original 340 car, with original paint. i said #1 the vin coede is for a 6 cylinder and # 2 they didny paint the dash and door tops body color

It seems that people constantly judge others by the way they want things , some people have tattoos , I don't , some people have pierced ears , I don't , some people have shaved heads , I am not ashamed of my balding head , it means I have survived for awhile , I just bought a 1968 baracuda with a 318 , it will have a 340 when it is done , why , because it is mine and I will do whatever I want with it , if you don't like it nobody asked you to comment or look at it , many brave people fought and died to give me the right to do whatever I like in this great country including my car , if you don't like it , WALK AWAY

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I believe the original intent of this thread is: Do as you wish, but don't make **** up and try to pass it off as something it isn't. Have some integrity and be proud of what you did. Then let the haters hate..

They made a lot of those 67-69 camaros ... um, ... "hey you mean still make them"
well excuse me.

LOL
I was looking at adds the other day, for some reason a 70 chevelle body popped up. It was brand new, with floor and trunk, no frt clip. Guess they repop whole cars now.... that's wack. Keep that junk

I was looking at adds the other day, for some reason a 70 chevelle body popped up. It was brand new, with floor and trunk, no frt clip. Guess they repop whole cars now.... that's wack. Keep that junk
Dynacorn sells complete new bodies of several different cars, including E body Mopars.

Probably saves alot of welding. it would help those guys that buy rotting hulk 68 Chargers for the VIN tag I suppose...:)

Yup, the factory 6 pack was the 440 six pack,340 was an aftermarket add on, can still get the intake and carbs today, but it will cost ya...
Can you get the intake new?
(I don’t think so.)
Dynacorn sells complete new bodies of several different cars, including E body Mopars.
‘70-‘74 Cuda?

$17,500.00, plus shipping and crating fee.
Ouch.... I guess if you want one bad enough, and you don't do heavy collision/ body welding. That's one way to do it. I was in my twenties you could grab those things for a thousand bucks or less. Unless it was a hemi or 440-6. Big block 4-speed cars were cheap as all get out..

I'll throw in my .02. In '71-'75 I lived in Forsyth county NC. I was not a car guy of any sort.
I do remember seeing an A body with the Challenger "340 6 pak" sticker on the fenders. I saw this car or cars more than once, really made an impression on me. I'm not sure if it was a Demon or Duster, but definitely saw them. Since not factory, either a local dealer or sticker hop up. Never thought to ask any rodders of this era if they remember anything similar.

I'll throw in my .02. In '71-'75 I lived in Forsyth county NC. I was not a car guy of any sort.
I do remember seeing an A body with the Challenger "340 6 pak" sticker on the fenders. I saw this car or cars more than once, really made an impression on me. I'm not sure if it was a Demon or Duster, but definitely saw them. Since not factory, either a local dealer or sticker hop up. Never thought to ask any rodders of this era if they remember anything similar.
That's Awesome!

I have a new 71 Duster body no numbers ever. I own it for many years now. I paid $7800 for it. It is perfect except where it was lifted with straps at some time. The drip rails have a slight bend in them where it was lifted. It was a body in white. I couldn't believe I found one. . Mine is a 71 Duster. So they are out there you just have to know who to ask and have the cash. Watch the first part of the video below.Many left the manufacture that were not used by racers. They would save them in case of a crash. Mine sat in Virginia for over 33 years Then to Boston for another 10.

031.jpg

033.jpg

DSCN1719.JPG

DSCN1722.JPG

DSCN1724.JPG

DSCN1727.JPG

Last edited:
back in the early 90s,a guy I knew had a 73 Challenger. He asked me if I wnated yto buy it, Ihad a garage full with a b body and my 340 dart, i passed on it. i should have bought it...it would have been a good deal.

I have a new 71 Duster body no numbers ever. I own it for many years now. I paid $7800 for it. It is perfect except where it was lifted with straps at some time. The drip rails have a slight bend in them where it was lifted. It was a body in white. I couldn't believe I found one. . Mine is a 71 Duster. So they are out there you just have to know who to ask and have the cash. Watch the first part of the video below.Many left the manufacture that were not used by racers. They would save them in case of a crash. Mine sat in Virginia for over 33 years Then to Boston for another 10.

View attachment 1715776304

View attachment 1715776305

View attachment 1715776306

View attachment 1715776307

View attachment 1715776308

View attachment 1715776309

Damn, that's cool

-
Back