Demon ivr

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I have had this for a while an need to install it. This is for a 65 barracuda. I lost the directions. Does anyone have a picture or tell me how to hook it up.
Many thanks

I could post a pic of the IVR mounted on a 65 B'cuda panel. The part that cant be seen in the pic is the inside of that gauge. The original limiter must be removed from inside the fuel gauge. So... posting the pic would very likely do you more harm than good.

I Didn't think the 65 was located in the fuel guage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

All 65 model A-bodies aren't the same. If you have 3 slots where the can type limiter plugged in, I have a pic of that one also.

I'm sorry to bother you. You sent one before but I just can't locate it. After a move you tend to loose things. Thanks, If this doesn't work I w ould like to send it to you to be serviced. It does have 3 slots on the back.

I'll have to hunt that pic. Its here somewhere. Meanwhile...
They're all about the same.
Middle slot is 12 volts.
The other 2 are pretty obvious. The copper trace going to the various gauges is the 5 volt path. Ground is what it is, chassis ground. This means the IVR nor anything else on the panel will function properly unless the inst housing is grounded to the car. A permanent dedicated ground wire is strongly advised.

Attachments

• Dart 01.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 373
I did not find a better picture. It must have been one of those lost when a hard drive died. :(
If you'll provide a pic of the backside of your panel with the original limiter removed I can draw suggested install on it.

The pic you showed will be ok. Unless its better to wire to the post. Thanks again.

Some have attached the yellow wire at a gauge post only to find connection to the copper trace wasn't made so the other gauges didn't receive the 5 volts. You can avoid that by placing the ring terminal on top of the original nut instead of under it. You would need a 10-32 hex nut and #10 toothed washer.
The ground wire could go to any one of the screws attaching the circuit board to the housing or to a dedicated ground wire.
There isn't anywhere to get switched 12 volts unless you cut/splice into the proper wire before the panels harness connector. Just for the sake of saying, You cant get 12 volts from either amp gauge connection because that circuit is not switched. Result would be IVR and gauges hot at all times and a dead battery.
Hope this helps

-
Back