Demon Trim Rare?

-

Valiant1

Reaction score
I was going through some shelves in my garage this weekend and came across some trim pieces from my old 72 Demon. These are the stainless pieces that fit along the top of the door next to the glass and pop out windows. That got me thinking that I've never remembered seeing this on another Demon or Duster (at least it didn't register, if I had). Is this trim very common on these cars? The care it came off of was a very high option two fender tag Demon. I'm not sure if I want to put them on my Duster or find someone who needs them for their restoration. Any comments? Thanks.

Drip rail trim or something else?

Not drip rail & it is indeed kinda rare. It's about 1" wide & goes along the top of the door next to the window & follows the body line to the rear quarter glass.

I'll send a PM to a member that has some on his car. Maybe he'll post a pic....:)

It's called belt molding, it is very rare. My car had it added on in 79/80 or so along with other option. I think with a vinyl top it works great. Might take a while to find the right person who wants it if your selling.

Attachments

• demon 002 (1280x960).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 221
  • demon 003 (1280x960).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 210
  • demon 004 (1280x960).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 225
i also have an incomplete set for sale on here if op doesn't wanna sell his.

mike bee

Attachments

• brown eye phone pix 077.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 180
Thanks for all the feedback. Sorry for not responding sooner. I probably won't be using them, so I will respond the PM's that I received. Let me take a close look to see the condition. If I remember, they were in very good shape and should only need a polish.

-
Back