Demon vs Holley (who do you like best)

-
I have an bg 825 mighty demon bought it new a ton of crap in and every air bleed slot striped since new, After getting it clean I'm very happy with it. Still wouldn't buy another bg product ever. There is NO excuse for the crap that was in my carb.

I had a 650 Speed Demon Didn't seem to bad, did have trouble getting it to Idle correctly. But had the same prob with Holleys problaby just me. Have a Bigs Built Holley 750 now. Was told By a guy that runs Engine/Speed shop On the Dyno they will both make the same top end Power Just on the way Up the Demon would fall short. Just an opinion I heard D

I just purchased a 850HO carb from AED.It,s for my 408 stroker that will be up over 525hp.It,s basically a hogged out Holley built for racing.

The guys that own the one I posted the pic of never read the instructions what so ever and slapped it on there,It had issues and I said I's like to take a look at it and where was the instruction manual for it. They gave me the manual and I went inside a demon for the first time ever and the manual pointed out everything needed to be adjusted before installing and how to tune it after installation. I pulled the float bowls changed the jets and did all of the adjustments from the manual bolted it back on and tuned with a vacume gauge and the owners were very happy and so was I. I didnt find any metal shavings or sand inside of it.

What the hell is up with (sand) inside the demon's?

Do they assemble the things on the beach or something?

Or metal shavings. Seen that more than once on BG carbs.

I like Holleys, especially the HP line.

If fuel is coming out the throttle shaft ends, you likely have fuel dripping in from the boosters.

My friend has a warmed over 318 he's had great success running a 600 Edelbrock..as far as Holley or a Demon..Holley hands down,the Demon i had was a piece of trash,but when your ready for a real good carb,Quickfuel is the best out there for my money..
Thanks for all the information gentlemen, holley carbs have been around for many,many years and seem to have a good reputation. I would one day like to run a demon carb to find out for myself if i like it or not, they have not been around as long as holley, but they seem to be making a big statement on the street and strip. Stroked 340 mentioned QUICKFUEL carbs, i never heard of them untl now, went to there website and had a look. Thanks again for the information Newathis

I have had good luck with Demon and Holley. I also have had good luck with demon when I asked the questions on tuning. Everything has lemons. I have seen out of the box Holleys refuse to idle.

Dan...

-
Back