Denso alt wiring

-

coro500net

Reaction score
I have installed the Toyota denso alt in my 69 Valiant, my question is do I have to do anything with the original wires that go to the factory mechanical voltage regulator, or just leave them disconnected?

Last edited:
I have installed the Toyota denso alt in my 69 Valian, my question is do I have to do anything with the original wires that go to the factory mechanical voltage regulator, or just leave them disconnected
So you have it installed and working properly?

If so you could remove the origional mechanical VR and make safe the feed wire going to it.

OR

You could leave it and make safe the lead that came from it and attached to the field terminal on the origional alternator. ( Benifet... If you are in the middle of nowhere and a denso alternator is not available you can revert back to OEM alternator
:realcrazy:

Haven’t started vehicle yet,just trying to get everything sorted before firing. Since new alt is internal regulated,just wondering if original regulator wires need to connect to new alt or just leave disconnected?

302075F9-B626-4CEA-8518-AE471E8A278A.jpeg

Haven’t started vehicle yet,just trying to get everything sorted before firing. Since new alt is internal regulated,just wondering if original regulator wires need to connect to new alt or just leave disconnected?

View attachment 1716052201
Did you figure it out yet? If not, leave disconnected the wires that connected to the VR, tape up and tuck them out of sight. Now connect the blue and green wires at the alternator to the two parallel terminals. If by chance there’s no charging simply swap the wires on those terminals. Piece of cake. Did this upgrade on my 67, just did it on a 78 and will be doing one on another 78. Great mod.

-
Back