dented bumper

-

scampy72

Reaction score
hey all its me again this time i need to know how all you body guys would go about getting dents out of a bumper. the back bumper on my scamp has a couple and i cant afford a new one so im wondering what to do. i tried smacking them out with a BFH and a piece wood but just ended up breaking the wood.....:banghead:

so come on guys im open to suggestions what should i do?

you can kinda see them in the pic.

Attachments

• rear 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 145
to get that dent out of the bend in the bodyline of the bumper will be a pain!. you will need an anvil, and then beat on inside with bfh. it will always look shabby though as it will never come out. sorry

try a good size shop press a little at the time :toothy8:

agreed, being right on the bodyline there, it will be a major ***** to get it out, and if you do, itll never look perfect

it may not be perfect but that press with a some solid steel under it in the right place, and some steel in the top at the right place :toothy8: will get most of it out...it will look better then it does now with little work...

X3 on using a hydraulic shop press. I have done that on a few, way better looking than a hammer, easier to control, and quieter (LOL)

-
Back