Depression...

-

73DartSport

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to let all of you know that I traveled 2200 miles by car this week through several states and saw only two A-bodies. One was a 74 or later Duster primed and ready for paint in Sheridan, WY the other was 67?? Dart GTS being pulled home by a Dodge RAM along I-80 in central Nebraska...if this was you, by the way, that's a NICE project car you picked up. Anyways, was super excited to be able to look at a few A-bodies along the way and never saw much, yeah, I know still kinda early in the year for them to be out.

Here in nc it seems to be chevy or mustang country,so the only mopars i ever see are new chargers,or rams,an occasional magnum,and did see a really clean daytona the other day.Were have all the OLD mopars gone around here?

Where have they gone anywhere!! There used to be a few that at least would cruise my streets and highways in my area and now I see almost none. When I go out with one of my cars to a cruise-in or somethin of the nature I get so many looks because lately I am the only Mopar there. Ford and Chevy guys are everywhere, kinda like roaches and you just can't get rid of em.

Yes, very few A-Bodies anywhere. I saw only one at a local car show and I think I saw maybe two at a big "Goodguys" event out here. We are becoming the "Elite", lol!

There where just a few mopars and one A body out of the bunch at our car show here last week and I bet 3/4 of them where Chevies.

I do see a few old mopars on the street around here being driv'in daily.
mainly darts and dusters by some old folks and and satellites four doors.
Still giving good service to there owners.:-D

My satellite 4-door is next on my list to get done, she will be better than "good service" when I help her become the sleeper that she will be :snakeman:

I dont see much classic iron of any badge mixed with the daily comuters. Ocassionally spot a 66 Muckstain or 69 Shebell. I take my cuda out on the back roads monthly but you wont see it on the interskate unless I'm headed to some event.
A monthly cruise-in at local McDonalds overflows that parking lot. I'm sure its about the same everywhere.
I think people that cherish the time and expense of a classic have better sense than to stick it in harms way regularly.

Good news in the atlanta area.

I took the swinger for a cruise last Sunday, saw a 1970 swinger (green) and a Valiant (black primer) with the green brick type stance.
Both cars were on the same road about ten minutes apart.

I saw two guys in a 68 dart (faded orange) beater on I-285.

I have been seeing alot of A-bodies and B,E bodies around more and more the past couple years.

My neighbor has a 1968 formula-S 340 coupe, and my other neighbor has a 66 valiant /6.

The is also a really sharp original tawny gold 1970 swinger in the area.

I see at least one or two new A-bodies ever week in my travels around town.

around here there is a 74 318 pink duster that i see sometimes, my cousin has a 72 360 duster that he drives daily, sometimes we see a 67 273 dart, but not nearly as many as there used to be. but i have a feeling most people just have them stored away and are building them

The younger kids are interested in the muscle cars, I live in a college town and have had several offers for my Dart, but this area of TX is mainly Bow-tie and Mustang.

-
Back