Did any 67-69 Cudas have fender blinkers?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
As the title says, did any 67-69 Barracudas ever have fender blinkers? I have a couple of sets in my garage (one Dart set, one Chrysler 300 set), and was thinking I may install some on my 67 Barracuda FB. I think the ones on my Dart are cool. What do you all think?

67 didn't have fender blinkers or side markers. 68 up had both.

67 had none, 68 had the small round blinkers, 69 had the typical rectangular ones. Think this was true for most Mopar models, not just the A bodies. Personally I like the 67's. No blinkers gives it more of an appealing look. If I had to go with blinkers, I'd use the 68's. They're small yet still visible and they don't distract the eye as bad.

I think it would be cool to do it.I love fender blinkers and looling for a bullet style set for mine. Mark

It's funny, the Dart fender blinkers I have are larger and clunkier than the Chrysler 300 ones I have. As far as the side markers, I like the round 68 ones also, and may put a set of those on the car.

Not much is original on the car anymore. I put in a 74 Duster K-frame, 73 Dart front disk brakes, 10X2.5 rear drums on the not-original 8 3/4 rear, and the engine I'm building is a 408 in front of a 727 truck trans. And the former bench seat/column shift is buckets/center console. I guess I'm just taking the best stuff out of the general era that I like and putting it in this car. And my paint is going to be a 97 Viper Blue Pearl (the engine bay, trunk, door jams are already painted)

I see those are mounted on the hood. They weren't mounted on the fenders?
Hood mounted only and the rectangular side markers are just reflectors and not lights.

BTW, I live in Redding, CA. I've been here for 9 years. I have yet to see a moving 67-69 Barracuda since I've been here. (I hear there is a yellow one though). A freind of mine has an original 67 big block Formula S FB he is restoring, but he is taking his time.

The 67 had no side markers. The 68 had round reflectors. The 69 had the square markers with a light. When I got my 67, it had a 69 fender on the
passengers side and there was a bulb in it.

No problem RDJ!

Since it was time for a puff after lunch anyway, I made the long snowy trek to the Garage Mahal in the basement ;-) and got your measurements. Keep in mind my Cuda has the long narrow indicators rather than the shorter "bullet" style found on Darts. (I know this only because I piked a pristine set off a junk yard '66 Dart back in the early 90s and they were too short for my car LOL. Might still have them in a box somewhere.)

Anyway, from the front of the hood to the front center of the turn signal indicator, it's 2 1/2". From the side of the hood to the center point of the driver-facing end of the indicator, it's 1 1/2". They seem to angle slightly toward the nose of the hood rather than sitting perfectly parallel with the sides of the hood. Hope that makes sense.

As to your follow up post, I know exactly what you mean! I live out in the boonies too. The only other notable Mopar around here is a '70 Challenger, and it's about 40 miles away. My favorite aunt used to live in Hayfork up there by you. I loved getting presents from her in the mail lol

Thanks Steve68 and CudaChick1968! Hayfork, that's great. I'm in a rural area, but not quite out that far, lol

Keep in mind my Cuda has the long narrow indicators rather than the shorter "bullet" style found on Darts. (I know this only because I piked a pristine set off a junk yard '66 Dart back in the early 90s and they were too short for my car LOL. Might still have them in a box somewhere.)

Maybe I can get some of the proper ones from one of the fiberglass hood folks. Anybody out there have a set you no longer have a need for?

B-E&A Restorations and PG Classics and Krusinmoons all sell the correct ones but the sticker shock may make you blink a couple of times (about $195). Most of the used ones you find are pretty beat up.

-
Back