did FABO miss the boat ?

-
Get the steel core valve cover gaskets Moroso makes. #93050. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-93050/overview/make/dodge I can guarantee that if you don't use the best gaskets ever made, these covers will leak like a sieve. No need for silicone gasket goop. None at all. These gaskets are re-useable too.

Just make sure you don't over-tighten the Moroso's, the blue rubber splits/tears very easy.
Superformance gaskets are the best I've ever used.

J-par the tunnel ram looks great. What hood scoop do you have on your hood?

Humm, we hand make vintage scoops.....

shoot me a pic of what you want....

Just make sure you don't over-tighten the Moroso's, the blue rubber splits/tears very easy.
Superformance gaskets are the best I've ever used.

J-par the tunnel ram looks great. What hood scoop do you have on your hood?
thank you for the complement. I actually just ended up using some of that Edelbrock gasket cinch between the cover and a cork gasket. I only race the car now so I mean less than 8 miles a month during the summer.

LOL ! hood?!? What hood? LOL it's been in the shed for the last couple of years. Maybe this next winter I'll get some fiberglass bumpers in a fiberglass Hood. I almost prefer it that way as when I'm racing I don't have to pull the hood off to look at things, I can just look at things. What you see, is what you get... LOL

Cool, something definitely one off / younique. Maybe some kind of Twisted Scoop that funnels air into both carburetors, maybe one scooping to the right and one scooping to the left. I'll look on the internet for a picture of something close to what I'm looking for. Thank you

View attachment y3pmFVJ8z-NpPUyH6PQX8Mu8iFcOFZUEjDYFthxyCCJYdJ_oetuwfytexZbJPUMMXUzewhI5pK-bojLO5hRsQeIEqotCKRn_.jpg
This picture is nothing but the beginning of my idea. It's kind of sucked off to one side like that on one and then the exact opposite on the other hooked up to the other side definitely not rounded more squarish and boxy and definitely not getting smaller as it goes out to the opening but getting larger and more flared to scoop the air and compacted into the intake instead of struggling to get it in there. Definitely something very functional yet almost that post apocalyptic Rat Rod kind of vibe to it, yet not Rusty but definitely not Chrome.
Now try and make sense out of that LOL

I've got a set of the chrome ones new in box..... had one out to look at it maybe 20 years ago.

Well I'm sure triple-R will have to jump in on this one because I think it was him or someone that we were having a big who-ha discussion about some tingling who bought a Big Daddy Don Garlits tachometer for way too much money or had some crazy amount he wanted for it on Craigslist and there I was yesterday at the Swap Meet looking at one myself :D
All new guts and recalibrated guaranteed as long as you own it (or as long as the old man is alive to fix it). All yours for only $500 :cheers:
View attachment 1714885743

View attachment 1714885744

View attachment 1714885745

View attachment 1714885746

That's right near,what the O.G."Big Daddy,Americana " goes for. My ex boss had an excellent one,last used in '72-'73. He got four and a half for it,on EvilBay.

That's right near,what the O.G."Big Daddy,Americana " goes for. My ex boss had an excellent one,last used in '72-'73. He got four and a half for it,on EvilBay.
After seeing that one at the swapmeet a friend that was there said his brother just sold one to someone for $50! &#$@!/& :banghead:
my first question was who did he sell it to ?!?? Witch reminds me I need to try and track that down.

You can see in post #49 where I painted the air filter base's white (thank you cope for the inspiration), so I got a red/white/blue theme going on ? You can see in the back ground that chrome (NOT a chrome fan) on the dash? Wouldn't that look waayyy better if it was the B/D tachometer ??

05011613401.jpg
Another great find for the Duster! I was lucky enough to be the first one to jump on the page when a member posted them up and they are currently on their way. I'm pretty excited about putting these on top of the tunnel ram to match the new valve covers.

I want to thank "bballfan1" he will also be getting my highest recommendation ..

Where to start? You could build your entire race car
using the direct connection catalog if you wanted.
What was available changed some from year to year but not alot.
You could get everything from a fuel pump block off plate to a aluminum dual plug Hemi heads.
They had you covered from slant six- Hemi.
Nearly every non stock part on my car has a direct
connection part # excluding the tires and wheels.

IMG_20160503_204215_978.jpg

IMG_20160503_203645_046-1.jpg

IMG_20160503_204059_653.jpg

IMG_20160503_204329_181-1.jpg

First question - are the air horns on the carbs part of the carburetors or separate ?

The carbs are built with the cast in air horns but the velocity stacks can be taken out. That's how the first holley dominators were made. Different length stacks were available for tuning. Mostly for isolated runner Prostock manifolds. 70-71.They only played with them a couple years and moved onto plenum manifolds. The velocity stacks on my carbs are the shortys, I've seen them in 6" also. Basically they would cut them to tune or get the ram effect on filling the cylinder. By 72 some were cutting the horns off the dominators.

^^ since Nostalgia is kind of the theme of my car and having fun, learning stuff like what you're talking about is extremely interesting..

Not sure when summit started selling parts but back in the 60s and 70s mother took care of her racers needs.

-
Back