did FABO miss the boat ?

-
It's cool that they are new in the box.

I stopped using those when I had a retainer get out of one. If the valve train spits up, I want it to stay inside the valve cover.

Get the steel core valve cover gaskets Moroso makes. #93050. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-93050/overview/make/dodge I can guarantee that if you don't use the best gaskets ever made, these covers will leak like a sieve. No need for silicone gasket goop. None at all. These gaskets are re-useable too.

Quickly that's what I do. I now have the Mopar performance cast aluminum and they seem pretty rigid and usually clamp down on a cheap cork gasket without any leaks of course I silicone the gasket to the valve covers. I wish I could get some kind of custom CNC machined metal ring to go around the outside of it and help its clamping power. They seem like they're so thin, its like forming the outer skin of a soda can into the shape of a valve cover. They make lamp near the hold downs but they are you in between who knows?

Well, if you have all the problem that have been explained above. You always have your Alu's to fall back on. And then, they can Shine in Glory on your Garage Wall!!!! :D

Looks good. all that black needed some color. Nice !!!!!!!!!!

you should look into getting your aircleaner bases sent to cuda chick and coated the same blue!

Looks good. all that black needed some color. Nice !!!!!!!!!!
Agreed on the added color and I couldn't see it being the gold and definitely not the Chrome. Did you already guess why the trunk lid was special and a clue is it's definitely not special because of the color. LOL

you should look into getting your aircleaner bases sent to cuda chick and coated the same blue!
I would but I'm not very proud of those air filters. They have no nostalgic value whatsoever. I'd rather try and get something more drag race period correct for the car.

Well I'm sure triple-R will have to jump in on this one because I think it was him or someone that we were having a big who-ha discussion about some tingling who bought a Big Daddy Don Garlits tachometer for way too much money or had some crazy amount he wanted for it on Craigslist and there I was yesterday at the Swap Meet looking at one myself :D
All new guts and recalibrated guaranteed as long as you own it (or as long as the old man is alive to fix it). All yours for only $500 :cheers:
View attachment 20160401_163613.jpg

View attachment 20160401_163619.jpg

View attachment 20160401_163645.jpg

View attachment 20160401_163658.jpg

$500 for a no thrill, basic tach with Big Daddy name on it!

Well i guess, it was worth it............To You.:D

I think i would have spent a little bit more and got this tach

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Meter-...ash=item3d0e7b3821:g:xIIAAOSwFqJWlDZc&vxp=mtr

Tachometer

Ultimate DL Playback Tachometer

Ultimate DL Playback Tachometer; 5 in.; 11000 RPM; Silver;

FEATURES:
Matrix Display
Engine And Driveshaft RPM DL
Wideband Air And Fuel DL
DataPro Software Compatibility

3 Axis G Meter DL
Includes USB Output
Next generation instrucments from Auto Meter combine our NASCAR proven racing movements with our award winning LED lighting technology to offer you the ultimate in Accuracy, Durability, Visibility and Styling.

Manufacturer Auto Meter
Model Number 6895
UPC: 046074068959
Weight: 3.90

$500 for a no thrill, basic tach with Big Daddy name on it!

Well i guess, it was worth it............To You.:D

I think i would have spent a little bit more and got this tach

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Meter-...ash=item3d0e7b3821:g:xIIAAOSwFqJWlDZc&vxp=mtr

Tachometer

Ultimate DL Playback Tachometer

Ultimate DL Playback Tachometer; 5 in.; 11000 RPM; Silver;

FEATURES:
Matrix Display
Engine And Driveshaft RPM DL
Wideband Air And Fuel DL
DataPro Software Compatibility

3 Axis G Meter DL
Includes USB Output
Next generation instrucments from Auto Meter combine our NASCAR proven racing movements with our award winning LED lighting technology to offer you the ultimate in Accuracy, Durability, Visibility and Styling.

Manufacturer Auto Meter
Model Number 6895
UPC: 046074068959
Weight: 3.90
You did see the part where I said I was "looking" ? I don't have money for that kinda stuff. Even the two parts I've talked about getting at the swapmeet I totally swapped for, no cash change hands. Nice tachometer you pointed out though, if YOU can afford it.... :D LOL

heck with the garlits one. i like the one in the back round..:) that would look sweet in my truck.

attachment.php

heck with the garlits one. i like the one in the back round..:) that would look sweet in my truck.

attachment.php

Nice old man, guarantees everything as long as you own it. Everything he had was cool. He's out of the Seattle area. I'll post a picture of his business car if interested ? If you have to ask "how much" ?? You likely can't afford it LOL (I couldn't)

You did see the part where I said I was "looking" ? I don't have money for that kinda stuff. Even the two parts I've talked about getting at the swapmeet I totally swapped for, no cash change hands. Nice tachometer you pointed out though, if YOU can afford it.... :D LOL

yup! miss that part. :violent1::D

You have inspired an idea. I'm thinking painting the bases white ? I'll have to paint (rattle can) them myself as they are so cheap and they're not long-term.

One more jewel. This may get overlooked at a swapmeet, and you and the buddy may get a good laugh and point and say that guy is crazy for asking that much for a stupid old duster trunk lid.
View attachment 1714885658

My guess is that it's off of a Feather Duster or Dart Lite and it has the stamped aluminum under bracing........
How much was the asking price?

yup! miss that part. :violent1::D
Ya, I just thought it would look cool with the old school vibe I'm going for.

What the end game has always been is to pass the car to my son and then grandson and so on....
so the more old school stuff the better - "Grandpa why do the valve covers say direct connection ?"
Well lets go get an ice cream and I'll tell ya all about it...
Grandpa "why does the tachometer say Big Daddy Don Garlits ?"
Well lets go fishin and I'll tell ya all about it ......

Are you running those air cleaners when you race? They look restrictive. I do not run any air cleaner when I race.

My guess is that it's off of a Feather Duster or Dart Lite and it has the stamped aluminum under bracing........
How much was the asking price?
Last year he wanted $250 and I walked away. This year $200. I traded my faded green (in almost perfect condition) trunk lid, a-body Hurst bayonet shifter (just the handle- I had two) A pretty hammered a-body dash pad and the open pumpkin for the Dana 60 that I put together.
I'm pretty sure it was a feather duster because you can still see the glue from where the Plymouth emblem was.

Are you running those air cleaners when you race? They look restrictive. I do not run any air cleaner when I race.

Yes I run them when I race, they are K&N style air filters. Like I said before I'm not really married to them and I'm always on the lookout for something better. I'd like to get some kind of scoop/horn or something like that I'm not sure. I've got something in my head that I would like, but I definitely haven't seen anything store-bought that fits the bill. I may have to fabricate something on my own.

-
Back