Did I score good ?

-

second chance dart

Reaction score
Tell me what you think. I just got a 71 340 standard bore block and crank and main caps for $500. Seems like a good price, considering what Ive seen the earlier 340 bare blocks go for.

That's a pretty fair deal unless it is a forged crank that can be used.
If it does , then it's a damned good deal. :D

Steel cranks are crazy price wise,anymore. You did good.

I haven't really followed them. But I'm surprised at that. I'd think/guess with all the stroker motors out there the demand for 340 cranks would be low and the supply of 340 cranks high.

Congrats, I scored a '73 standard bore 340 for the same price. Do you know what the mileage was (50k for me)?

Now I'm debating trying to find good stock pistons and try to retain the standard bore or go .030 over.............

That's what I sell them for.. but that engine would have been installed in a '72 with a casting date of January '71.

Yep, late model year 1971 car.

Compared to some of the insane prices being asked on this board for 340 stuff, that's a decent deal.

As long as you're happy, that's all that counts.

Yep, late model year 1971 car.

Compared to some of the insane prices being asked on this board for 340 stuff, that's a decent deal.

As long as you're happy, that's all that counts.

Not only on here, I recently found two original 340's complete. He wanted 3000.00 for one and 3500.00 for the other. Just random 340's nothing special. :banghead:

-
Back