Did It Sting or Not?

-
I was raised on a dairy farm and if we got a cut or scrape Dad would paint us with purple lotion. Besides the burning it would stay on you until it wore off

And then when we were sick, we got Paregaric. lol

My mom's cure-all for everything was unflavored Milk of Magnesia. I'd rather lick the chalk trays on the blackboards at school!
Of course today's young ones don't know what either a chalk tray or a blackboard is.

Since I've gotten older, it seems like every little bump or scrape leaves me bleeding like a stuck pig. Thin skin has done flung itself on me!! Nowadays, Nuskin is the most used item in my first aid drawer. Burns like hell, but it seals off the cut.

When I worked in the auto glass trade we used a home made concoction of water, ammonia and Bon-ami for a glass cleaner. Really worked great but if you got it in a cut man that would sting. Must have helped clean the wound though as I never did get any infections.

Worst thing I can remember was using powdered Tide laundry detergent for cleaning greasy hands, sure, your hands were reasonably clean after, but any little cut or nick felt like you'd poured gasoline on and lit it on fire.... course I might be speaking from experience to some degree..... my youth could be described as being misspent.

Our high school auto shop had a pump hand cleaner dispenser on the wall. If was great until it was re-filled with a new formula hand soap with ammonia.

-
Back