did Mopar make a four door HARDTOP?

-
yep.... I had a '68 Fury 4 door hrdtp. Police package car, 383 commando, dual exhaust, disc brakes. Bench seat, though

Last edited:
Thats what I thought, but were there such made in the 60's? And ALL in C bodies?
Reason I ask, I have a 64 Belvedere more door, that is a great driver, I got it done except the seats. I have used the SmittyBuilt seats that are extremely close to the A100 seat, except the backs are fixed. I have used these on building super stock "style" clones on like the 64 Savoy I am doing now. These seats are very inexpensive like $300 for a pair. They are used in early Jeep CJs. I am thinking of using these on my 64 Bel. Not that crazy about spending lots of $$$ for upholstry in these more door. To many mouth to feed car wise! ll

Pics of Bel. Go to SmittyBuilt for pics of their seats. I don't know howto show them here. I did pull the 15 x 7 TorqThrust mags off another car and put on front of this Bel.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

My moms 73 Imperial is a 4-door hard top, but it has a split bench in the front, with a folding arm rest.

I had a 63 Chrysler New Yorker ht with the square steering wheel and 413. Big front buckets with a buddy seat.
The car was the size of a B body 68 or 69 Roadrunner.

Last edited:
They made 4dr Fury hardtops in 62. Dont know if you could get buckets. I'd bet not.
I asked this over in FBBO also. I got info as to yes the 62-4 B (said not the 65) could be had in hard top and with buckets. For Canada cars for sure and it seems like also such sold in US too. They also made such in that era with the C body or whatever they were called back then.

I do have a dealer brochure that shows a 4 door Fury Hardtop, but in the pic it looks to have a bench, but hard to tell by that pic. All info says the more door hardtop with buckets were available 62-4 B body.

Like I said in post #5, as to my 64 Bel more door I will either have the front bench and back seat upholstered or do the SmittyBuilt Jeep CJ5 low back A100 style seats (vintage up to '79) plus upholster the back to match. Got to sit on something!!

I realize it’s not a B-body,

But I know of a 69 Fury 4 door hardtop with buckets AND floor shift auto console. Well cared for and still daily driver in SoCal.

I asked this over in FBBO also. I got info as to yes the 62-4 B (said not the 65) could be had in hard top and with buckets. For Canada cars for sure and it seems like also such sold in US too. They also made such in that era with the C body or whatever they were called back then.
I dont mind being wrong, it won't be the first time. Its just that "bucket seats" had become popular just a couple years earlier, in the sportiest cars of a given car line. I think of a four door, hdtp or sedan as utilitarian, would think they would want the most seating possible.
Its your car, you want buckets, DO IT! You dont have to have "mopar did it" to justify your decision.

I dont mind being wrong, it won't be the first time. Its just that "bucket seats" had become popular just a couple years earlier, in the sportiest cars of a given car line. I think of a four door, hdtp or sedan as utilitarian, would think they would want the most seating possible.
Its your car, you want buckets, DO IT! You dont have to have "mopar did it" to justify your decision.
Check out my thread on this over at FBBO photos of some more door hardtops with buckets, made in Canada. Not sure if available in US? But mine is a four door post sedan not hardtop. Dunno for sure. Just curious. Yes I am not a 100% total numbers kind of guy!

My dad being a Tampa Police as a kid I remember riding in 63-64 sedan cop cars. I remember damn these things are fast! And the smell of stale cigarettes. I loved that smell.

Years ago I had a 68 Plymouth VIP 4 door hard top. Then a 71 Sport fury 4 door hard top. Both were 383 4 barrels and had buckets and consol. 3.23 sure grips. Kim

I'm not a total numbers cruncher but just curious IF any 64 B body four doors came with buckets. I am told they have seen some 62-4 four door cop cars with buckets. Dunno.
I bet Joe Suchy knows but he is home recovering from a 6 way heart bypass. I will ask when he is up and going again!!

-
Back