Did this EVER happen?

-
we recently had the Nissan van called the NV in my shop , looked like Hemi to me.
Not sure if it's happend already

I don't know. Looking at the date on that I doubt it happened at that time.
There were a lot of things that went belly up with the world economy in 2009.
Nissan couldn't be sure who they would be in bed with. Doctor Z ? Obama ?

They were actually considering dual badging a titan as a Ram.

IIRC it was a diamler deal and never got done.

Whew!

No offense to you nissan guys, but don't care for the fit (of me) in either the titan or the frontier. Too bad because externally the frontier is a close match for the missing Dakota segment offering.

Links fixed! Sorry about that.....

Question, did "Ram" drop the Dakota now and only make the Ram, OR is the Dakota still under the dodge badge? I know "Ram" is its own company now and I was wondering if Dodge remained as performace and all and Ram became the truck division of Chryslers as they "Chrysler" is the Luxury division.....

Hasn't been a Dakota since the Durango got restyled.

Guess I'll wait for a Jeep Gladiator, or Ram M-80.

...or keep my Dakota forever.

Tell ya. Whatever Chrysler ? RAM? Dodge? "used to be" is now so complicated and effed up I would not be surprised to hear ANYTHING. Hell somebody was on here talking about swapping a new V6 diesel into something. Turns out the damn thing was

started to be developed by GM

then ended up being used by Maserati and Fiat

and now it's going? to be an option in the whatever-these-pickups-are now

Let's not forget Sterling- the former ford "Louisville" line (also incorporating 3500 series Rams), and Freightliner.....

Sterling was actually picking up market share, judging by what I saw on the street.

Well Sterling was the last I knew doing pretty effin good for themself! Ferd or not, they took over the Rig line of the Ford line and went a bit further with it... and have since been doing OK I guess, they make pretty good Fleet trucks now.....

Then again, you got the newest big truck line by "Cat"... they no longer sell to existing truck manufacturers I don't think as they started their own line of trucks now!

Tell ya. Whatever Chrysler ? RAM? Dodge? "used to be" is now so complicated and effed up I would not be surprised to hear ANYTHING. Hell somebody was on here talking about swapping a new V6 diesel into something. Turns out the damn thing was

started to be developed by GM

then ended up being used by Maserati and Fiat

and now it's going? to be an option in the whatever-these-pickups-are now

Personally I'm beginning to think this whole Chrysler/fiat deal isn't so bad!! I mean look at the cars and options they're puttin out!! They've gotten a lot more performance minded recently! Brought the viper back, the 6.7 cummins has the highest towing capacity, the hellcat is the highest hp muscle car ever!! I hear the new 8 speed autos are amazing. Dodge is finally a performance line again!! What more can you ask for? Jmo.

Personally ........ Chrysler/fiat deal isn't so bad!! I mean look at the cars Brought the viper back, the 6.7 cummins has the highest towing capacity, the hellcat is the highest hp muscle car ever!!

So you picked 3 examples of vehicles that the vast majority of us (cept the few on here that are "one percenters) could not, can not, and will not EVER be able to afford?

I recently saw a comparison involving the "new Dart" and it was pretty much rated "dead last."

I haven't seen a new Sterling in a couple years.
...and I've started seeing "heavy" Rams as ambulances and service trucks, but not nearly the numbers I saw a couple years ago badged as Sterlings.

I saw a couple brand new "Cat" branded dump trucks last week.
Double take for sure.

My mom bought Cat stock about 5 years ago...it's trippled and pays pretty good as well.
I was afraid it had already peaked :(
Go, mom! :)

I also think Fiat/Chrysler is a good marriage.
My buddy, the career dealership parts manager thinks so, too.

I haven't seen a new Sterling in a couple years.
...and I've started seeing "heavy" Rams as ambulances and service trucks, but not nearly the numbers I saw a couple years ago badged as Sterlings.

I saw a couple brand new "Cat" branded dump trucks last week.
Double take for sure.

My mom bought Cat stock about 5 years ago...it's trippled and pays pretty good as well.
I was afraid it had already peaked :(
Go, mom! :)

I also think Fiat/Chrysler is a good marriage.
My buddy, the career dealership parts manager thinks so, too.

Not sure what ya mean by the "heavy" Rams, seen as service trucks badged as "Sterling"????? I've not seen any of that! And hope I never do....

Cat, yep. if its going to be a big Diesel, I'm all over Cat. I used to drive and had a C-16 600 ,BEFORE they were removed due to emissions. BAD *** diesels in the larger sizes, and hauling capabilities!

Small "pick-up" diesels, Cummins has what it takes, to me... (I'd LOVE to see a small Cat in a Ram, but I'm dreamin), I know but Cummins will ALWAYS be better then Detroit and even Dirtamess, for small diesels....

Your mom was smart with buying "Cat".....They're a big company, I used to work for 'em for a short time, painting construction equipment....

-
Back