Did you ever see a Macho Power Wagon?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
I've always known about Power Wagons, Warlocks, and Lil' Red Express Dodge trucks, but I guess I completely overlooked the Macho Power Wagon. Anybody ever see (or own) one of these cool trucks?

Macho 01.jpg

Macho 02.jpg

Macho 03.jpg

Theres a gentleman from my local area who I've seen driving one with that stripe package.
I knew it was unique, but I didn't know it was a special package.
Next time I see him, I'll try to get pics, but he doesnt tend to bring it to local shows.

Anyone see the article on the really rare Power Ram package in Mopar Collectors Guide a couple of issues ago?
That was a cool looking truck.

I know where one is and when I get my 340 Duster sold, I will probably buy it. They were a cool package that came with blacked out bumpers, black or yellow spoke wheels depending on the year, cool stripe package, and a roll bar. You could get any of the available engine except the slant six. They made them starting in 1977 to 1981, 81's are very hard to find. 77's and 78's had a yellow and black stripe running down the lower body line with a blacked out hood and the same stripes to the side of the hood. 79's and 80's had the big "POWER WAGON" down the side of the bed. They also had the yellow wheels. All that I have seen have had bucket seats. I don't know much about the 81's though.

They also did make them in Ramchargers. They were just a stripe package.

If you want to see some other cool trucks, look up the Dodge Top Hand trucks. They were awesome. Here are a few pics of the one I might get and a few of my friend Daves.
dodgetruck2013.jpg

dodgetruck2016.jpg

Notice whats left of the stripe.
dodgetruck2015.jpg

And Daves,
l_5e54ff6fe428b02d8502b72944834e8b.jpg

im sorry but, ugly mf'ers. i have to agree, i thought ramchargers came with that package too. to me they are just regular 1/2 tone trucks. id have to go with a 200 or 300.

I LOVE EM! One of my magazines ran an article recently on the Palomino edition too. There is a guy (in CA I think) that has bought most of them up and is restoring them all one by one.

im sorry but, ugly mf'ers. i have to agree, i thought ramchargers came with that package too. to me they are just regular 1/2 tone trucks. id have to go with a 200 or 300.

According to AllPar the Ramchargers and the Trail Dusters came with the Macho package available, being a tape stripe, the two-toning, available with painted or chrome wheels and "a clean luxurious" interior..whatever that means. Probably meant an upgrade to carpet over the rubber mat.

I think they look cool too.
i had a regular 73 power wagon with a 440 (what else?)
you can probably get more info about these trucks at www.ramchargercentral.com
but since i switched to sweptlines i dont think i would go back (sweptlines have more style in my humble opinion)
more info about sweptlines here www.sweptline.org
but most of you hardcore mopar guys already know about these sites...
:cheers:

78rcharger_march09mom_1.jpg

On another website I go on(ramchargercentral.com) this is a members truck it's got a CTD installed in it. He's currently parting it out to build a bigger and better truck.

I have one,mine is a 360 4v, auto. Loaded to the gills for a truck of the late 70s. PS PB air, tilt wheel. I painted mine a while back, still need to get the stripes.

P7100030.JPG

A yeller one used to sit in the wrecking yard.... took a nasty whack in the back end... front was pristine.

Ya I took parts from it and sold them...

-RPM

are these worth anything???, my friend just got a 79? for $200 from some old guy it's very similar to "jaws" macho only the paint is more of a burnt orange, but is has the blacked out hood, wagon wheels,roll bar, and stripe up to the body line, we knew it was factory but not rare.

$200. was a good price, depending on condition. Around here they seem to bring a little more money than a regular powerwagon.

I LOVE EM! One of my magazines ran an article recently on the Palomino edition too. There is a guy (in CA I think) that has bought most of them up and is restoring them all one by one.
We wouldn't to happen to know his email or how to get ahold of him I have 1981 Dodge Palomino club cab with low kms and in good shape we still using it right know and just wondering if he or maybe some else would be interested in it?

Gina, I can get you his info. I will pm you when I get home from work

-
Back