Did you ever see a Macho Power Wagon?

-
I have the remnants of a 4x4 Warlock.It is in rough shape needs a bed. Floors look solid. Still has the original axles under it.

there is one of these in my mom's neighborhood. it's been there ever since i can remember. it looks to be in real good shape but i've NEVER saw it move. AT ALL! i'll try to get a picture of it this weekend and post it.

i happen to own one of thes bad boys mines silver 360 2 bbl all original im in the process of fixing up and theres a site called machopowerwagon.com and yes the machos are rare i paid 600 for mine non running power wagons rule the truck world!!!!

We have a 75 440, 4 speed power wagon at my Dad's. Nothing pretty, it has been a farm work truck for the last 25 years. I let it get caught in a pretty bad hail storm in 1990.

i just picked one up this past summer. love it.

Attachments

• 2010 457.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 590
I always wanted one of those trucks when i was a kid in the mid 70's, I was only 10 or so in 75, there were tons of them around then. Now you hardly see those trucks.

check out www.machopowerwagon.com

I love the red and black

LAST440_red_78_terry%27s_mpw_%28gimp%29_.jpg

I bought one new in 78, Silver with a 400 big block. At the time I worked at the Dealership and was living in Southwest PA. Within 4 years it rusted to nothing. That is why not many are around.Even the wheel lips rusted to the point that I was afraid that they would come apart.. I loved the bucket seats.

Sheetmetal-- Try Auto Body Specialties Inc. 860-346-4989 is the tech line.

a guy not far from here has a 70s pick em up,gold with a real nice factory stripe package.it has these chrome 360 FOUR BARREL emblems on the hood where they usualy say powerwagon

one in ohio backwoods

Attachments

• DSCN2030.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 600
I've seen only one of the Macho Wagons. One of my friends neighbors had one that was rusted to the gills about 10 years ago. Thought it was interesting.
Do you remember the Snow Commanders ? I used to drive a 3/4 ton at a place I worked. It had the hydraulic Meyer plow on it. I have also seen Ramcharger Snow Commanders. Cool trucks.

Love the Macho's. Was looking for one when I found my Warlock, so got it instead. Hard to find. There is a 77 Snow Commander up the road from my house. Rusted as all old trucks in Pa. are. That Top Hand in Hawii is very rare. There's more info on these trucks on machopowerwagon.com as onebadfocher stated.

On one visit to the local "Wrench-A-Part", formerly known as 'pick-and-pull', I found a Power Wagon with factory chrome exhaust stacks. Notice the front bumper of the Power Wagon, it must have been parked a long time wrecked because thats a tree stump that is stuck in the metal where it grew up through the wreck and they cut around the stump to remove the vehicle to haul it to the yard. There was also a burned out Lil Red Express and a green Warlock that I ended up taking the Tuff Wheel out of.

Attachments

• Warlock interior.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 516
  • Warlock door plate.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 502
  • Red Express rear.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 546
  • Red Express motor.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 519
  • Red Express interior.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 506
  • Red Express front.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 518
  • Power Wagon front.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 576
  • Power Wagon bed.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 494
  • Power Wagon rear.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 524
Today I went back to the same yard looking for parts for my 1983, 440, 2wd Ram Charger and noticed the Warlock was gone as well as the Macho, both probably crushed. The worst of the three, Lil Red, was still there. But what I did find was a "Marksman"!!! I'd never seen or heard of these before, has anyone else? I snapped these 4 pictures. I'll be going back again within the next 3 days and I plan to look it over a little closer and maybe get a few more pictures.

Attachments

• 100_9469.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 100_9470.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 100_9471.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_9472.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 482
Yes button, I know alittle about them just from searching around. In 1984, the Dodge Ram 150 Marksman was made in certain areas where it would appeal to gun owners. This truck came with a Winchester Model 94 XTR 30-30 Marksman 1000 Carbine with 20" barrel lever action 30-30 rifle with a Dodge emblem on it. The gun is worth a lot and the truck is rare. But after searching the net, I'd say the truck is more rare :-D

Theres a gentleman from my local area who I've seen driving one with that stripe package.
I knew it was unique, but I didn't know it was a special package.
Next time I see him, I'll try to get pics, but he doesnt tend to bring it to local shows.

Anyone see the article on the really rare Power Ram package in Mopar Collectors Guide a couple of issues ago?
That was a cool looking truck.
are you talking about the python decals? i actually seen a truck running around with one of those stripes after that article came out

Was at the yard today and Lil Red was at the end of the row now, which means its probably about to be crushed. Sad yes, but she is just too far gone to save since being burned and gutted.

Attachments

• 100_9490.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 409
For gods sake at least take the 9.25 rear out of it.
It will be at least a 3.55 posi.
Crushed? as least make a starting offer of scrap price.

Went back to the yard today and looked under the Lil Red. Someone already took off the diff cover and left side axle inards. The engines manifold and left head, (as you look into the eng bay) were also gone. I would say she has given a lot to keep other trucks running.

Here, for this dead 'ol forum. I've owned an orange 79 for 40 years kind of a hit @ car shows

-
Back