Diet to quit smoking

-
Here is my deer hunting and lookout post for cats and coyotes. see the bottle of Gatorade on the ground.
Then the next picture I am standing where deer and coyotes pass
and you can see my shooting tree marked with an arrow where the first picture is.

do not smoke 014.jpg

do not smoke 015.jpg

Great pictures Mike, Hope you kick the habit!

My uncles both died of lung cancer, both started smoking when they were kids. One died at 58 the other at 62 eight days after he retired. They seemed old at the time but now that I'm 55 it don't seem like they where that old.

My Dad has never smoked, he's their older brother and is doing fine at 81! Good Luck!

Mike,
I am so proud of you for taking this giant leap to better health.

I used to smoke. I did it for 5 years.
But the day I found out I was going to have Gregory (spring of '94) I quit.

Cold Turkey:banghead:.
Between raging mommy hormones :@: and nicotine :blob6: fits my husband earned his saint hood.
:angel12:

You can count on me for support :cheers:, and maybe you can talk David into joining you? ((Good luck with that))
You are right, Mike, this forum is better & cheaper than therapy!! :toothy10::toothy10:

Memike, LXguy hit it on the head. I'm a former smoker, partier, and about everything else. At 49 God told me to slow down with a note wrapped in a heart attack (long after I quit smokin'), I love my wine, whisky, and Taquiler and such, just not that often, and them pills I take are more expensive than I did in the 70's now the Dr. says take ‘um ‘cause they’ll keep me alive. Remember this also. Nicotine is a depressant. It will trigger the body for a stimulant (coffee, soda, sugar, any caffeine, etc), and visa versa, so quitting caffeine will greatly help you kick smoking. That piece you got looks like a nice one to walk on. I live about 3-4 hours away in Mcalester OK. Clean the house, toss the smokin' chair, ditch the ash trays, blah, blah, blah. Take 3 bucks a day and put it into an old pickle jar, go for a walk, and have Momma beat you on the head every time you look at takin' any out to buy a pack of smokes. Next thing you know we'll see you front row at Barrett- Jackson buyin' a 1 of 3, '71 Hemi 'Cuda, You go a year with out smokin’ and I'll send you ten bucks, how's that for incentive? Any body else in on the deal? That Chantex made my wife have some real violent dreams, some others had the same reaction. I'd go on the web and see what others say the side effects are for them, I'd be cautious of it. I think you can beat it if you,ve made the progress you say you did so far.

It will be a year in mid Feb. I was 1/2 to 1 pack a day of Camel wides for about 14 years. The last smokes I bought was a 3 pack and I just never opened the 3rd pack (it's still in my glove box) I didn't even think about it I just stopped. I tried quitting billions of times before and about 3 days in I got so pissed off I would try to start fights with strangers.
After about a week with no smokes I could breathe again, it now feels like my secondaries open up when I take a deep breath. I miss them and if I walk past someone smoking it smells really good but Nikki says I'm not allowed anymore.
I just figure that 6+ bucks a pack is a lot of waisted car parts!

The hardest part is not having one when I'm drinking. That was the big test when I went to a party and everyone was drinking and smoking and I didn't even think about it, that is when you know you have quit!

Hey Mike: I've been watching this post and i've been in the same boat as you and i have a solution. Have Treva call me and we'll get it worked out. You need to drive up and spend some time here in the shop with Vic and I. We're working on the snake skin duster from Des Moines. Hell, I'll buy lunch and would be glad to see ya. If ya can't make it i'll drive down and bring Vic with me and still buy lunch. I like eating at Ron's fish house. It's slow so i have plenty of time for a buddy. Let me know if you can make it or will be home. Your buddy, Bill. Let me know buddy. Did you hear what Dietz had to say?

If you already smoked a half of one I give you a week before all this is forgotten. Hell youre too weak to stop smoking. You probably even think it makes you look cool. Who wants to get in a pot of when Memike starts smoking again? That is if he ever quits a whole day in the first place. Like I said I give him a week and he,ll be smoking like this :angryfir:

If you already smoked a half of one I give you a week before all this is forgotten. Hell youre too weak to stop smoking. You probably even think it makes you look cool. Who wants to get in a pot of when Memike starts smoking again? That is if he ever quits a whole day in the first place. Like I said I give him a week and he,ll be smoking like this :angryfir:

The best pep talk I have had yet :cheers:
Treva called me before she came home from work and ask if I need anything
on her way home, I said no and she said do I have cigarettes :-D
I said I don't smoke :bootysha:

I cooked dinner this evening and it was great.=P~

:worthles:

do not smoke 022.jpg

do not smoke 023.jpg

thats a big ol slab fillet. did you grow them pickles
Na 8) not this year I bought the pickles and the salmon and the lemons and
the tomato's and cheese. And a glass of tea with one shot of tequila.
I am passing the floors a bit and staying busy, I was week this morning and took a buff or two and said hell no:angry7: I am stronger then this and have not had another one, I know this is not going to be easy but I know I will make it through the rest of the day smoke free.

Thank you daredevil :rock:

i bet youre heading in to town this morning so you can sneek a smoke aint ya.

Na =P~ I am sure thinking about having one of Treva's though before she takes of to work:-D

You got to make it a week so i can win the pot. Guess youre not as tough as i thought

As of today:heart: I am smoke free :naka:

so far.:clock:

As of today:heart: I am smoke free :naka:

so far.:clock:

Good job Memike!!!!!:cheers::cheers Like I said, willpower, determination, and self discipline must be practiced here. Just keep telling yourself that you don't smoke anymore, no matter how good they smell......

My Dr. gave me wellbutrin. It comes in generic so it's cheap. It took away the desire to smoke...cigs tasted funny. The first few days I felt very high, like I was walking 2 ft. above the floor, not entirely a bad thing. Didn't sleep well either. I'm not advocating pills, but it worked for me. No cigs now for 2+ yrs. Just sharing my experience. I'm sure you can quit and you'll be so happy you did.

Good luck Mike, you should get the ventshades anyday now I sent you for Victoria:cheers:, you could install them, that will keep your mind off of smoking! :toothy10: You can do it buddy, hang in there and don't give up!

Good luck Mike, you should get the ventshades anyday now I sent you for Victoria:cheers:, you could install them, that will keep your mind off of smoking! :toothy10: You can do it buddy, hang in there and don't give up!
This will be day two :cheers: smoke free, I washed and check all the antifreeze in Victoria and the truck , I cant wait to get the vent shades posted just as soon as I get them, and thank you for holding them for me.

Here is the temp for tonight with out wind chill Hi 25 F
Lo 9 F
Very Cold

Atta boy Mike! Feels good mentally as well doesn't it?. Keep going! day 3 coming up!! before you know it will be 3 weeks, then 3 months. Andrew

-
Back