Diet to quit smoking

-
Good morning folks
My quit smoking sure made may oldest son happy.
Treva and I had my granddaughter last night for about 4 hours and
Treva had to go outside to smoke and I was laughing at her through the window with Macy.
I have put on two pounds and it is to cold to go out side Current Temp.
11°
Clear
Berrrr.Thank you for the pep talk Mrpatel,moparman1,66340SEDAN,goldfish65
and of course my friend daredevil:toothy10::clock: and redfastback :-D
the story by cuda65vpt:cheers:.

Here is the number two reasoned wy I have quit :cheers:

do not smoke 049.jpg

My day yesterday was good, I got my drums set up for some loud music and exercise and some cantaloupe

do not smoke 035.jpg

do not smoke 037.jpg

do not smoke 038.jpg

do not smoke 039.jpg

you know you want to prove me wrong. did vic and bill come up.?
Not this time, it was way to nice of a day here yesterday :cheers:to be outside getting some things dun I think we hit 43 and sunny, But it shot down to -1 last night. Brrrr..

I am doing very well, I lite a smoke up for Treva this morning and it did nothing to me, This thing is out of my life.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.:read2::-D

This quit smoking thing sure gets your taste buds and imagination
going, I jumped behind the drums twice today and did the dishes and mad something I have never made before, Tasty too.:-D

Bacon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like I better get some exercise in =P~

do not smoke 050.jpg

do not smoke 051.jpg

I'm just wondering something. I saw that your wife smokes ... do you think that makes it harder to quit?

I have a friend that tried to quit but his wife kept smoking. He eventually went back to smoking so I was just wondering if that has anything to do with it? It could be the other way around also ... the wife quiting and the husband keeps puffing. I've never experienced first hand because I never smoked but have always wondered if that a influence?

what you think?

i think mrs memike ought to jump on the band wagon

She said she would as soon as I cam prove to her I am quitting :-D
We had a day with Kutacando and his wife and I have yet to buy another pack, I did take a took off of brothers cigarette but that was it.
Here is a picture of a sign outside a Market

do not smoke 052.jpg

do not smoke 053.jpg

do not smoke 059.jpg

do not smoke 058.jpg

do not smoke 056.jpg

do not smoke 054.jpg

thats your crossroads in life mike. you gotta follow the path that says smoke free.now you gotta quit sneeking puffs because i know it aint much but it keeps those little nicotine boogers in you looking for more and active. Yeah youre about ready to break down. probably happen tommorrow while Treva,s at work. Has it been a week yet?

It has been a week :cheers:But when I was out side in the sun shine Yeastier day installing Shades.:-D http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41794&page=4 I came in the house and got one of Treva's 100's and could not smoke half of it and snubbed it out, so I am not smoke free yet :disgust:
I got a privet message from a great member here this morning about 5:30 that paid for a Bid and win 9 days ago and no one has seen it yet It was sent to Mary and I smoked a hole cigarette drinking coffee stressing a bit I guess, brushed my teeth again and still determined to put this stupid shtuff behind me.:rock:

I hope you did not loose to much in the pot.8)

do not smoke 082.jpg

God dammit Mike. Now im depressed. There was no pot. I only said that to give you a reeson to prove me wrong. Guess you ought to head to town and grab a pack. Sad day in the Mopar community. You let a lot of people down. Including that cute little grand daughter.

And all those excuses aint gonna help a bit when that grand daughter visits you flat on your back in the cancer ward.no bull.

Good advice!

My wife used to smoke a pack a day. About four years ago right around this time she got the flu. Since she was sick she couldn't go outside to smoke cause it was too cold - it helped her to quit. Hasn't smoked since. She was miserable for a few months though, I wanted to strangle her on a few occasions... definitely one of the harder things to kick!

Good luck Mike.

Thats how I stopped. I had an abscessed wisdom tooth and couldnt get out of bed never mind think about smoking. Still, you have to really want to do it.

Hang in there Mike! All these temptations , like smoking that 1/2 a cig and

it tasted BAD? I told you your sense of taste and smell would improve just

after a few days didn't I?! :snakeman: Plus all this stress:axe: is hoops you're just gonna have to jump through. :blob:

When your feeling stress out, take a walk outside. :walk:

Doctors say that exercise (And Sex!!!:downtown: ) :-\" release a chemical

called Endorphins in your brain and body that make your brain happy:cheers:

and relieves tension like nicotine would do if you smoked a cigarette.

I know it sounds like:wack:, but it's true!

YOU CAN DO IT MIKE!! I KNOW YOU CAN!!!! :rock:

PM sent about the Bid to Win thang...

~The Exceptional One~:happy10:

~Mary

sorry mike might have gotten carried away in post 87 and 88. just take these things too seriously. it really is that important though. if you really want to quit go to a big hospital and visit a few people in the cancer ward. it will put a face on what youre doing and give you some serious thinking material for when you feel the urge. good luck my cherokee brother ,your friend Daredevil

sorry mike might have gotten carried away in post 87 and 88. just take these things too seriously. it really is that important though. if you really want to quit go to a big hospital and visit a few people in the cancer ward. it will put a face on what youre doing and give you some serious thinking material for when you feel the urge. good luck my cherokee brother ,your friend Daredevil

Thank you brother I lovya for it, :-D, I am staying the course and want this bad enough to get this behind me I have enough determination in me that I even think I could go over and kick 360 scamp ***:toothy10::toothy10:
But that would be thinking stupid, That young buck would kill me.:-D

This ain't over yet :rambo:

I'm just wondering something. I saw that your wife smokes ... do you think that makes it harder to quit?

Yes!!! I quit 5 years ago and my wife still smokes. Sometimes I still want one but thank God I am too stubborn to give in.

You know it tastes like crap now Mike. There is no reason to ever taste it again. You are a non-smoker! The nicotine is out of your system and you have it licked. As long as your head doesn't get in the way and keep re-introducing it to your body you will be ok. Stay tough!! :boxing:

Well hang in there my friend. Just try and not let those little bumps in the road that make you stumble a bit be the reason you say "I cant do this now". Even if you break down and light 1 up at least its not like you jumped back in with both feet smoking a pack or more a day. Youve come a long way and even if the temptations get to you every now and then you are in a far better place than you were a week or so ago. Keep it up!!

Some of us get away from our computers for the wekend an' looky what happens. Don't make me stop this car an come back there (their, they're). LOL And don't make me use your G-daughter as a tool either, but if you don't cut out this sillyness, I will, as the Mopar gods are my witness. Mike, you can use the same resolve as you have with helping the friends you have on this forum, you see the encouragement they bring to the table. And I promise you, if you kick this thing by spring, I'll find the highest end taquila I can in Mcalester and we'll knock back a few when I come to your neck-o-the-woods this summer. Keep up your end, I'll keep up mine. Kipper.

Well I just got caught up with this thread, sounds like you're doing great Mike, with intermittend patches of weakness. Keep at it and don't let stress or misfortune be your excuse. I think most people that quit are all but looking for an excuse to start again, well my dog died so you know I pretty much had to start smoking again :angry7:

I didn't know that Treva smoked, Treva cut it out, it's easier doing it together anyway :munky2: Hell that pickle jar will be overflowing :-D

Young dying smokers share nightmares online
Prior to the Internet, the death of a young smoker in their thirties or forties was likely a local obituary page news event, if covered at all. But increasingly, young and middle-aged terminally ill smokers, and their surviving families, are realizing the value of their ordeals to worldwide youth smoking prevention efforts and in helping motivate smokers to quit smoking. Boldly, they are going online to share how the richness of life can be snuffed horribly short by not arresting chemical dependency upon smoking nicotine while still time.

A tour guide with a passion for history, a Camel smoker since age 14, Noni Glykos was married at 30 and gave birth to her only child, a son, at 32. Two months later she was told she had lung cancer, that it had already spread to her brain, and that she only had a few months to live. One month later Noni bravely stood before friends and loved ones at her final birthday party to say goodbye.

Today visitors to WhyQuit watch a video clip of Noni's farewell speech and get a sense of her life through pictures and words. They see her wedding smile, the joy of her final Christmas, view her death bed and visit her grave. They attend her son's first birthday party. And then it it hits them. His mom has been dead six months.

After Noni's story was shared at WhyQuit her family received more than 2,000 e-mails. Most relate to "quitting this nasty addiction that each year takes away so many," writes her brother John. "It is really hard to handle all the love and the emotions that you are sending through the messages but I save them so my children, and most of all Noni's son, will read them when they grow up."

A two-pack-a-day Marlboro smoker, Bryan Lee Curtis starting smoking cigarettes at age 13. Those reading his story view a haunting image of what small cell lung cancer can do to a human body in just 63 days. Having just turned 34, a photograph shows his grieving wife Bobbie clinging to their two-year-old son, as Brian lies on his death bed. On his lap is a photograph taken two months earlier. It's a picture is of a healthy looking Bryan holding his son Bryan Jr.

Periodic e-mails from Bryan's widow keep visitors updated. "It's almost been 2 years now," Bobbie wrote. "We sit and watch home movies of us. His son is missing him too. Christmas was the worst. He had to go outside and show his dad what he got for Christmas. That really tore me up."

Through her own words and pictures, visitors get to know 44-year-old Kim Genovy. She tells of getting hooked at 12, stealing cigarettes from her parents and stores, of her parents quitting, and the need to invent rationalizations that continued smoking was safe. Readers view her messageboard postings to struggling quitters at Freedom from Tobacco, WhyQuit's 5,000 member online quitting forum.

Kim shares pictures of a healing scar on her back where doctors ripped out her cancer-riddled left lung, her scalp scar from where they removed a tumor from her brain, and a chemotherapy hairdo that brought chuckles to an otherwise horrific experience.

Following a second brain surgery to remove new tumors, Kim's sister Kelly arrives with news of her passing. But not before Kim left a critical message for smokers.

"Hard to believe it's been 2 years already," Kim writes. "I don't even think of smoking anymore, definitely a thing of the past. My health is too important at this time and the next step is up in the air. Chemo, radiation, surgery or oxygen therapy, maybe all of them. I have 2 brain tumors and a tumor on the adrenal gland. All of these tumors originally spread from the lung cancer I had. Believe me everyone, withdrawal was and is so much easier than this 2-year cancer battle I have been fighting. The craves disappeared, the cancer hasn't."

WhyQuit visitors meet Debra Scott, a 38-year-old mother of two daughters, one age eleven. Debra has been diagnosed with stage-four lung cancer. A pack-a-day smoker who started at 11 or 12, through periodic diary entries Debra provides a running account of the living nightmare of knowing you are dying, watching your health and abilities gradually decline, losing your job, watching the medical bills mount, and worry about leaving a young child motherless.

On March 17, 2008 Debra wrote, "I am so tired and I ache and I'm sick all the time. Right now I'm struggling so hard. I'm depressed, bad." "I just can't handle anything." "I try to come off like I'm so strong, I can handle this and just deal but I can't do it. I can't do any of it. I just want to lock myself in my room and sleep or cry whichever comes first." It isn't a pretty picture Debra paints but one smokers would be wise to ponder while still time.

Visitors are also introduced to notable smoking victims such as playwright Lorraine Hansberry, who wrote "Raisin in the Sun" and died of lung cancer at age 34, and actress Carrie Hamilton, daughter of Carol Burnett, lost to lung cancer at 38.

The most recent notable recognized at WhyQuit is popular Toronto radio DJ Chris "Punch" Andrews who died of lung cancer on March 30, 2008 at age 43. Visitors watch a YouTube memorial video clip which shares Punch's life and journey. During the video Punch tells viewers, "I see now the kids that were me. They're smoking because they think it's cool. It's nothing. There's nothing good about it. It's the one thing in this world that there is nothing good about it. If you don’t smoke, don't start. If you smoke, quit. It's that simple."

Created on July 15, 1999, although WhyQuit presents young tobacco victim stories in an obvious attempt to motivate smokers to consider quitting, its bigger mission is in educating them on how to transform motivation into successful, long-term nicotine cessation.

An all-volunteer forum that sells nothing and actually declines donations, visitors discover that WhyQuit is home

Yes!!! I quit 5 years ago and my wife still smokes. Sometimes I still want one but thank God I am too stubborn to give in.

You know it tastes like crap now Mike. There is no reason to ever taste it again. You are a non-smoker! The nicotine is out of your system and you have it licked. As long as your head doesn't get in the way and keep re-introducing it to your body you will be ok. Stay tough!! :boxing:

About the same here when Treva lights one up I am to stubborn to give in.
And this will make her feel she has better get on the wagon with me soon.
Thank you 340 Dart. I will Stay tough:rambo:

-
Back