difference between 318-360 dip stick?

-

Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Reaction score
Ok who's the dip stick here? (is it me?) Is there a difference between a 318/340 dip sticks(length?) and one made for a 360? (i Know the pans are different)Also any suggestions for fastening this part in the block? The tube is loose. THX!!! :finga:

I'm pretty sure the length just had to do with what oil pan you have. (Im not sure what those lengths are) When I installed mine I put a little silicone around the base to hold it in place. So far it hasn't leaked.

Same dip stick, no difference.
Use a zip tie to hold the tube to the Alt. attaching bolt.

I'm pretty sure the length just had to do with what oil pan you have. (Im not sure what those lengths are) When I installed mine I put a little silicone around the base to hold it in place. So far it hasn't leaked.

Correct. Truck (rear sump) and car (center sump) pans used different length dipsticks.

If you have a center sump pan. A stick and corresponding tube from a center sump pan from a 318-340-360 will work.

You could always do like our old Farmall Regular. It had petcocks on the side of the oil pan. This one is similar. You open them up, and if oil does not dribble out, you need more oil!!

img74aa.jpg

-
Back