Difference between 71 and 72 duster fenders

-

dustergirl

Reaction score
Hey! I was hoping if someone knows if there is a difference between a 71 duster fender and the turn signal/marker light and a 72 Duster/Demon fender.

Yes, there is a difference.

72 has the bicycle style marker light.

71 has the flanged marker lights.

Other than that and maybe a different bolt position near the headlight bucket, they will bolt up.

Demon fender is a totally different animal.

70 has valiant v8 emblems on them.. 71 emblems gone but pass. side has penastar on lower patch. 72 both emblems gone ..... i believe

First off, Welcome to the Site! There are a lot of great people here with a ton of knowledge.

To answer your question. Duster fenders are a 1 piece design. 70-71 Duster fenders are the same and share the same flush mounted, rectangular, bodycolored sidemarkers. 72 Duster fenders use the surface mounted sidemarkers but will fit a 70-71 Duster.

The 70-72 Dart/Demon fenders are completely different from Duster fenders. They are 2 piece fenders with a seperate fiberglass(70-71) or potmetal(72) fender extensions. The 70-71 fenders use long chrome flush mounted sidemarkers where the 72's use the surface mounted sidemarkers.

Dart/Demnon fenders will fit a Duster but they will not be correct and you will have to use the entire Dart fromt clip including the grille.

I may have missed something but I hope this helps.

Joe

70 has valiant v8 emblems on them.. 71 emblems gone but pass. side has penastar on lower patch. 72 both emblems gone ..... i believe

dusters or demons didnt have the valiant badges just valiants/scamps in 72 the badges went to stickers

dusters or demons didnt have the valiant badges just valiants/scamps in 72 the badges went to stickers

70 Dusters had Valiant badges on the front fenders. In 70 the Duster was marketed as a Valiant Duster. The car did so well in sells for 70 that from 71 on the Valiant name was droped.

70 Dusters had Valiant badges on the front fenders. In 70 the Duster was marketed as a Valiant Duster. The car did so well in sells for 70 that from 71 on the Valiant name was droped.

x2 Only the 70 had the valiant badges they dropped it for 71

-
Back