Difference between 73 and 74 Dusters ?

-
The front grille lights are amber on the 74, clear on the 73. After 73, they also used the heavy impact bumper system - but that's not visible by just looking at the exterior. that's the only difference I know of.

73s have separate seat and shoulder belts, 74s have 1 piece belts as well as a seat belt warning light on the cluster. 74s also have fender to firewall lip braces,etc. OSAC (Orfice Spark Advance Control) valve (smog crap) has moved from right side of firewall to air cleaner.

My Demon had a seat belt light on the dash, but not a light for the EGR.
The 73 Dusters had the big rubber blocks on the front bumpers that were not on the 74 & later. (Fed bumper standards raised from 2.5 to 5 mph in 74.)
Vinyl grains on the seat skirts are different on the bench with center armrest.
No Duster 340 in 74 and no Duster 360 in 73.
The other difference not already mentioned is one year.

just dont try sticking a lower rear seat from a 72 and under duster or dart into the the 73 to 76, spacing changed on lower rear seat on the 73 to 76 cars.

The front grille lights are amber on the 74, clear on the 73. After 73, they also used the heavy impact bumper system - but that's not visible by just looking at the exterior. that's the only difference I know of.

My 74 had identical grille lights to my roomate's '73.
I don't think they had amber lenses until 1976.

-
Back