Difference between Swinger 69 and 70 up doors

-
I believe that 1970 & up doors have the side-impact beams ( federal requirement ) .

As MtNemoMopar stated : '67 - '69 , be certain it's for a hardtop ( "23" body style ) vs. a sedan ( "21" body style ) .

Also , I believe that the 1970 model year was the first year that the v.i.n. was stamped on a sticker on the driver's door ( again , federal requirement ) .

Thank you for the comments!
I've included some images
of the door that is for sale.
How does it look like? 1969 or 1970 up?

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 002a.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 236
  • 003a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 004a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 005a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 258
I agree, I was also checking my
car drivers door with these pictures.
They do look the same...

69-70 interchange should be ok. Though the 73 also had a vent window, the interior door release moved from the arm rest area to top, forward area of the door. It will probably bolt in, but you'll never get just one interior door panel to match the rest of the car.

69-70 interchange should be ok. Though the 73 also had a vent window, the interior door release moved from the arm rest area to top, forward area of the door. It will probably bolt in, but you'll never get just one interior door panel to match the rest of the car.
ditto and the crash beam

I believe that 1970 & up doors have the side-impact beams ( federal requirement ) .

That requirement came into effect for 1973.

I believe that the 1970 model year was the first year that the v.i.n. was stamped on a sticker on the driver's door ( again , federal requirement )

Yep, '70 was the first year the Vehicle Safety Certification Label w/VIN was required on the driver's door or doorframe.

another thing to look at is where the hole is for the inside door lock some are in the back corner and i know 70's are about 8 inches away from the corner

-
Back