DING DING DING SOUND THE ALARM!...

-
Doing pretty good. I’m down to a dry cough, zero smelling ability, and I can slightly taste a couple of things. Got a follow up call from the hospital last night but I missed the call so I left a message. They called back this morning and said to stay housebound till 10 days from my first symptoms. I started feeling sick last Wednesday night and was my worst by Friday night so I’m going 10 days from then. So Monday I’m heading out into the world again. Really missing tasting food but smart enough to know I could have been a lot sicker.
Im glad your doing well. Sounds like you are handling it like a champ. Stay strong brother.

FedEx sucks again. Just updated their delivery till Monday now.

Yep. UPS is doing the same. Got a bunch of carb parts coming from BLP that I need and I’ve been waiting for. Going to be here Monday. This morning I check on it and now it’s Tuesday. Just one more day I’m held up.

Which may not be all that bad. I’m having a bit of an RA flare right now and I fighting off a cold or the flu or something.

Yep. UPS is doing the same. Got a bunch of carb parts coming from BLP that I need and I’ve been waiting for. Going to be here Monday. This morning I check on it and now it’s Tuesday. Just one more day I’m held up.

Which may not be all that bad. I’m having a bit of an RA flare right now and I fighting off a cold or the flu or something.

I hope your something doesn’t end up being what my something is. I just figured it was a bad allergy flairup for a couple of days

I hope your something doesn’t end up being what my something is. I just figured it was a bad allergy flairup for a couple of days

I hope not. Covid already went through my house and I didn’t get it. I have to give myself a shot once a week to suppress my immune system and I may skip it this week. I’ll see what my doc says on Monday. The last thing I need is this getting out of hand.

Last year i lost my job to Covid! and was vary angry. be leaving that it was not real. Saying to my self why if it is so bad. Why do i not know or even hear of some one that has caught it................

This year, and it not even deep cold winter yet, i know of many that have caught it, and knocked there *** down.
pittsburghracer I'm glad you are on the up swing of this nasty Virus.

Fedex is just trying to keep you from going out in the garage to soon. You know your just itching to eye ball then part with hands:thumbsup:

well...today I suppose to get an intake manifold I bought off ebay....I get a woman 26 inch bike.....I could not figure out where it came from...finally traced the tracking number back to the ebay purchase....someone at the FED Ex store screwed up....waiting for the seller to respond...lol

almost as bad as getting Ford heads ......
i

The intake manifold shows up today with no shipping label on it....got some small stickers on it....

Looks I got a girls bike for xmas....J par...you need a bike?....

Last year i lost my job to Covid! and was vary angry. be leaving that it was not real. Saying to my self why if it is so bad. Why do i not know or even hear of some one that has caught it................

This year, and it not even deep cold winter yet, i know of many that have caught it, and knocked there *** down.
pittsburghracer I'm glad you are on the up swing of this nasty Virus.

Fedex is just trying to keep you from going out in the garage to soon. You know your just itching to eye ball then part with hands:thumbsup:

I picked up some pies off my Niece on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and she informed me she got over Covid a couple weeks ago. We both agreed our family Christmas party should be put on hold this year. The people that got sick at our week before Thanksgiving (Thursday) Service got sick on Monday. Those of use that got it at Sunday’s service got sick Wednesday night to Friday. I knew going out racing, camping, traveling, and church I was taking my chances but was will to do so. Watching this virus I knew I had to take care of my lungs with the heart attack and other issues. The second I got sick I started pumping the vitamins and was taking three allergy tablets a day to control mucus. I even walked and picked up sticks in my yard several days and took 2-3 naps to stay rested.

32E151F8-33A3-4358-A1BB-2577EA098FBE.jpeg
1608E384-8047-47DD-B2CD-7426A79BD71B.jpeg
34A2D6D5-F59A-41EC-BF81-6694BB123DC5.jpeg
604B0AC3-382A-4582-A618-991A0B3BF73A.jpeg
B9BDE9E3-E9C7-48DE-B258-1E8EB03974A3.jpeg
4A76750F-571C-4376-B948-322748FF556E.jpeg
7ABD08E4-A958-4DF0-97D1-69B543B66E5E.jpeg
Well guess who dropped off a load of parts late night tonight. FedUp or I mean FedEx. A fast check showed all four heads had a 12-2019 date on them and they all look just as good as last year. The intake looks better on the outside than it does inside but an hour with a grinder will address that. The valve at first glance also look very nice. Each will be chocked up in my valve grinder and at least a 30 degree backcut added. I had a nice workout checking things over and walking them downstairs to my shelves.

I see you have your Guard Cat protecting your new goodies, nice work! All mine will do is get into everything I don't want him to get into. And break stuff. And tip over stuff. And so forth...

Nice looking cat by the way.

I see you have your Guard Cat protecting your new goodies, nice work! All mine will do is get into everything I don't want him to get into. And break stuff. And tip over stuff. And so forth...

Nice looking cat by the way.
All dogs...
IMG_20200419_123255.jpg

Now I’m kinda wishing I would have ordered a set of the standard big block heads. I’ve never really leaned on a set of Edelbrock heads only rapidly porting a couple sets of Stealth heads. They were easily taken from around 264cfm to slightly over 300. I have learned so much more since then. It’s not like I don’t have enough backed up around here but I think it would be a fun project that could easily go into the 330cfm without to many issues with a 2.19 valve. I did buy one Edelbrock Head years ago for a very good price but if I remember right it’s not a standard common head number.

Now I’m kinda wishing I would have ordered a set of the standard big block heads. I’ve never really leaned on a set of Edelbrock heads only rapidly porting a couple sets of Stealth heads. They were easily taken from around 264cfm to slightly over 300. I have learned so much more since then. It’s not like I don’t have enough backed up around here but I think it would be a fun project that could easily go into the 330cfm without to many issues with a 2.19 valve. I did buy one Edelbrock Head years ago for a very good price but if I remember right it’s not a standard common head number.

speedmaster doesn't have any of the copies of the RPM head with 84cc chamber. They only have the victor copy that requires the offset rockers...

View attachment 1715643543

I see Summit has this one listed but Speedmaster doesn’t. Hmmmm
I don't know what it is about Speedmaster that does not re up their supplies..
They've been out of a lot of stuff that they just don't seem to replenish.. and I'm talking the year to I've been watching them. They've never replenished their carburetors and lots of their intake manifolds for other brands. Definitely like their valve covers and stuff like that nothing gets replenished...

On the crank trigger setup i ordered from SM, all the anodized aluminum parts look identical and appear same nice quality compared to the MSD. Magnets seem fine as well. The wires coming out of the pickup are black/white instead of green/violet and didn't come out of the box twisted. MSD says their pickup should be between 65-85 ohms, the SM pickup checked in at 72.6 ohms. So far very happy considering it cost $125.

Fitment on the engine was better than I expected. I had planned on modifying it, turns out I didn't need to. Came with four .250" spacers that I didn't use, i'm guessing it was designed around a 1/2" motorplate. My sprint car style motorplates are thinner, made a couple .200" thick spacers to perfectly center the pickup over the wheel just because I could.

Grant

On the crank trigger setup i ordered from SM, all the anodized aluminum parts look identical and appear same nice quality compared to the MSD. Magnets seem fine as well. The wires coming out of the pickup are black/white instead of green/violet and didn't come out of the box twisted. MSD says their pickup should be between 65-85 ohms, the SM pickup checked in at 72.6 ohms. So far very happy considering it cost $125.

Fitment on the engine was better than I expected. I had planned on modifying it, turns out I didn't need to. Came with four .250" spacers that I didn't use, i'm guessing it was designed around a 1/2" motorplate. My sprint car style motorplates are thinner, made a couple .200" thick spacers to perfectly center the pickup over the wheel just because I could.

Grant

Was that the universal one or do they offer one for Mopars.

I didn’t even see the universal one. I know I didn’t see a chrysler unit. Sucks because that I would have snatched up.

I too checked out the one. I brag about simplicity but sometimes I do like to throw a wrench into my plans. Five years ago I wouldn’t have touched one of their products but lately I’ve been kinda impressed. Lol.

-
Back