dipstick blues

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
broke off my dipstick during engine install, pulled oil pan to knock it out from the bottom,windage tray is in the way, has a weird bolt cap pattern, kind of a 4 sided oblong thing with a square in the middle, is this normal? of course the dipstick hole is giving me greif.any tips on removing old remnants of dipstick?

/

yeah, that could do er,just had a flashback, those funny looking bolt caps look suspiciously like an old mcgard mag wheel lock!!!! damn, i hope not!

That happened to me last year. Believe it or not it's easy to remove. I used a trans front pump slide hammer puller. But any slide hammer or sorts will work. Screw the puller into the broken tube, and a couple of taps and it pops right out. Do a search and there are a couple of threads on this. I panicked too when it happened to me also.

You can run a 1/4 in. lag screw into it and pull it out also.
It's not too bad.

I've posted details of homemade slide hammer for this task more than once. Search , read a few different methods , decide which sounds best for you, get'er done.

thanks guys, i got er! screwed in a header bolt from top and popped it out from the bottom with an old pushrod and a hammer. still have to figure out if those are mag wheel locks holding windage tray on! and i thought i was a redneck!!!

Might be torque to yield bolts? Till they break off. just guessing:wack::burnout:MT

i dunno, its got some funky square oblong design,two of the guys at the tire shop figure its an old school mag wheel lock, engine was built by some guy in 1991

-
Back