Direct Connection Crossmember.

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
When I had a BB Dart in the 80's, it had a crossmember w/ spool type factory mounts that DC sold. Do any of them surface nowadays? I guess the Schumachers(sp?) have eliminated their practicality.

I've seen a couple in the past two years. They aren't as valuable as they used to be. I've seen them sell for about the same as a set of Schumaker mounts. I don't know of any for sale right now.

occasionally seen on ebay. That's how I have my 383 mounted. average price is around $300 with mounts.

After realizing that I would never use mine, I sold it last year for $450. This was a new never-installed piece with new mounts.

I've got one and yes it is for sale

I even have the center link that is drop down to clear the oil pan

as far as I know it is new never used, powder coated black Big Block A Body Direct Connection K Member

It seems Schumacher's are the way to go. $159.00 Am I missing something? Why pay $300-400 for the DC piece? Collector value of some sort?

Alot of peeps say its easier to do swaps with the DC set up.Easier to line it all up .No idea for sure!

You can always make your own DC out of a regular V8. Just cut and move mounts and grind down on of the steering box mounting lugs. Cost 1 grinding disc, 1 cutting wheel, some mig wire and a little time = BIG Smiles!!!!

There are several reasons why the DC k-member is my choice.

1. I've been building my own since the late 80s (early ones with the measurements I published in Chrysler Power magazine were not quite correct since the factory unit I measured from wasn't correct).

2. It uses factory mounts with readily available (albeit poor quality these days) motor mount inserts.

3. I can buy the raw k-member for $20 at the self serve yards.

4. The pride in doing it myself.

5. Schumacher mounts, while quality products, are not just a drop-in. They also require cutting and grinding.

I would like to get $300

anyone going to Mopar Nationals and traveling thru Indy on I 70 I'm only 2 miles off of exit 96 (Mt. Comfort Road) on the east side of Indianapolis

0000Kmember.jpg

DSC01687.JPG

I was thinking how all the '67 on drag links are "drop links for V8 clearance," but what is that one? Is that a special racing link?

-
Back