dirty COWL ???

-

Ryan426_

Reaction score
i was wondering what is the best way to clean out a 1971 duster cowl area mine has alot of leaves pine needles ext.. inside thank you

I've used a water hose to flush all that out. The drains dump the debrie down the forward door jamb area to behind the fenders so those drains beneath the fender will need flushing also. I've you dont have a rocker molding extending onto the fender you can remove the 2 bolts each side and pull out on the fender a little. Watch for shim washers locationed behind those bolts.

well its a car im restoring i took the molding off and the fenders that what i was thinking alot of water to flush it but im worried about the inside of the cowl rusting down the road

I had the heater out of mine and i ran the shop vac hose up where the fresh air opening is and worked up under the cowl area and then worked it from one side of the car to the other side sucking out all the leaves and pine shads.

well its a car im restoring i took the molding off and the fenders that what i was thinking alot of water to flush it but im worried about the inside of the cowl rusting down the road
Water wont hurt it as much as damp leaves will

-
Back