Disappointed with my Fender Tag & Broadcast sheet of my car

-
the only other thing that sticks out to me is the j45 hood pins code. to the best of my knowledge hood pins were gone after 71 for demons....other than that do you know the selling dealer? if so maybe they have records for the car?....

the only other thing that sticks out to me is the j45 hood pins code. to the best of my knowledge hood pins were gone after 71 for demons....other than that do you know the selling dealer? if so maybe they have records for the car?....

Hard to say with it being an export car.....

Maybe Galen was being lazy and he should get a refund...

The broadcast sheet is hard to read and looks to be real.

I received today after my post this morning many emails with good information, links etc....so somebody sent to me this picture of a 72 340 Demon that a Southern Dealer have for sale, and the fender tag have the code j45. If you find more information about the right codes for a 72 Demon , let me know,,,,,I think that I will be a expert soon in this matter after the notification of Galen, I pass the all day looking for information about codes...

Cordially
Sam

I can wait, I just arrive from my job and I take this pictures.The first pic is the the radiator support area.I guy told me to put my digital camara in macro mode and this is the picture that I take of my dash vin tag, for me looks better, so, I paint a stain with paint brush the last digits because I dont want to show the last #,s. Let me know if the vin tag looks false or the rivets ara false

I received today after my post this morning many emails with good information, links etc....so somebody sent to me this picture of a 72 340 Demon that a Southern Dealer have for sale, and the fender tag have the code j45. If you find more information about the right codes for a 72 Demon , let me know,,,,,I think that I will be a expert soon in this matter after the notification of Galen, I pass the all day looking for information about codes...

Cordially
Sam

That tag is....

LM29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Sports Hardtop

H2B: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

273429: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
TX9: Black Diamond Exterior Color
F6X9: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black Diamond Int. Door Frames
C29: Build Date: December 29
100506: Order number

TX9: Black Diamond Top Color
U: USA Specifications
A36: Performance Axle Package w/3.55 Ratio
A88: Interior Decor Group
C56: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
L25: Trunk Lamp
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings

N23: Electronic Ignition System
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V21: Performance Hood Treatment

V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black
EN1: End of Sales Codes

This is your car.... Everything looks good to me.

Vin: LM29H2B3xxxxx
Make: L = Dodge Dart / Demon
Price Class: M = Medium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Drive Train: H = 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 2 = 1972
Assembly Plant: B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number:

LM29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Sports Hardtop

H28: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Export

: Sequence number

D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
GY8: Gold Poly Exterior Color
313: Build Date: March 13
E34434: Order number

GY8: Gold Poly Top Color
I: International (export) Specifications
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum

J54: Sport Hood
M43: Grille Trim Moldings

R21: AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)

This is your car.... Everything looks good to me.

Vin: LM29H2B3xxxxx
Make: L = Dodge Dart / Demon
Price Class: M = Medium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Drive Train: H = 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 2 = 1972
Assembly Plant: B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number:

LM29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Sports Hardtop

H28: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Export

: Sequence number

D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
GY8: Gold Poly Exterior Color
313: Build Date: March 13
E34434: Order number

GY8: Gold Poly Top Color
I: International (export) Specifications
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum

J54: Sport Hood
M43: Grille Trim Moldings

R21: AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)

Yes is my car!!! I had a dream and was to own a car decoded by Galen, but really I dont know what happen, but todays and with to many friends here is more easy to decode my car!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!.

I will go to officemax to talk with somebody if somene can scan my broadcast in a better resolution, I was thinking that maybe Galen refuse to decode it maybe because the broad cast is not clear....

If you call Galen and make the statement" GOOD MORNING" He will ask you for a credit card number before he will confirm that " yes, it is a good morning"
He is way over rated, way to many other people in the business now days to have deal with him.

Oh and I forgot to mention, What a great site this is, a member asked a question for help. And all you knowledgeable members help him out. And without a credit card!

This is what I'm talkin' 'bout....it's cool seeing you guys come to the rescue. It's a relief too, scatillo's dart is all good. I know he feels alot better.

I had a feeling his car was legit, and you guy's are definately the good guy's for helping him out!!!

I believe your car is not a real car,and I will explain the reasons and show you.You have blocked out the VIn number on the build sheet,thats OK.Asyou might not know,your car was built at the DodgeMain Plant at HamtramckMI.This plant uses a regular tag from 69-74 and is different from the tag of Lynch RD plant,and the way the tag is made and the way the codes are installed on the tag.That being said,your tag shows the VIN number on the bottom right corner in full veiw.Your VIN number is: LM29H2B273429.and your build sheet should match this with the last 6 digits,I hope.My problem is the Picture of your VIN in the dash,the first 7 digits match,but you did not cover the first digit of the last 6 digits very well,and it appears to be a 3,not a 2,right there you have a big problem,as some one has replaced the fender tag with a nother unit and the rad support numbers would not match.What are the last 6 digits of the build sheet VIN number and the last 6 digits on your VIN number.All 3 need to match to be a real car.The rad support and VIN might be good,but the fender tag and build sheet,are most likely fake,as the old owner said its a new tag and possible new build sheet,maybe.Post the true numbers to be sure,or email them to me,mrmopartech

You are looking at the wrong tag. The tag in post 29 (the black car) is not his car or tag. He posted that car and tag to show another 72 with the hood pin code.

His Tag is in post 12 and clearly has a 3 as the first number.

Starts with a 3 on the Vin tag, looks like it starts with a 3 on the rad support

The fender tag looks weird to me......Aren't most of the codes usually in alphabetic order?

when you sent your information to galen did you send a good clear pic of the vin number from the dash like you posted here? the build sheet needs to be clear as well. i did the pencil rubbing of the fender tag in a pic along side the fender tag. maybe if you sent this to him along with the rad. support code pic like you posted here, and maybe a pic of the engine block , and transmission showing their serial numbers he would have overwhelming evidence to your favor. i don't know what he saw or thinks he saw but it must have been something. do you have nay idea of what dealership sold the cat originally when it was new? they may have some records. i wouldn't give up on it that is for sure!

when you sent your information to galen did you send a good clear pic of the vin number from the dash like you posted here? the build sheet needs to be clear as well. i did the pencil rubbing of the fender tag in a pic along side the fender tag. maybe if you sent this to him along with the rad. support code pic like you posted here, and maybe a pic of the engine block , and transmission showing their serial numbers he would have overwhelming evidence to your favor. i don't know what he saw or thinks he saw but it must have been something. do you have nay idea of what dealership sold the cat originally when it was new? they may have some records. i wouldn't give up on it that is for sure!

Diane from GTS told me that I could send the documents by email, so rapidly I made a pencil rubbing of my vin tag, a place the paper with my fender tag on my office copier and I send it in a PDF format, also the broadcast sheet, and my License registration. She mention that with this information Galen will decode my car. I dont send to him a picture of my vin tag, I take the pictures last night, In the first email that I sent, I inclued the pic of the raditor support. I dont know if he get this one, but Diane confirm that she received all my emails. After I received the letter from him, I sent a email asking about the situation, but I only received that was forgeries. After that I called the person who sold to me the Demon and he confirm to me that the fender tag was new, reproduced by A.G.(He send all the documents to reproduce it), and later I sent another email to Galen with the confirmation that was made by A.G, but I dont have the original one, but the previous owner confirm to me that the new fender tag have the sames codes of the old one, he still looking the old one. Any way I sent a email to Galen again asking, in other words, If I can send by regular mail the a color copy, and the original pencil rubbing again, and if he can qoute to me to fix something in the tag, but I still waiting his answer, anyway, I dont want to pay anything else to decode my car and I dont have more interest in Galen services. I know that my car is a original Demon 340. I still continue thinking about information that exist about Mopar builded for export cars. My car have another fender tag ( an Oval one) that said DODGE for export) seems to be original and is located in the left side of the fender tab. Here in Puerto Rico exist many mopar cars with some rare codes, like my Demon, I saw a 1970 Charger RT 440 with buckets seats without console and the shift on the steering post, I saw a 71 Cuda 440 with bech seats, I dont know, are to many rares options. Also I saw one day a guy that import a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger with 340 motor ( H code) very rare. Here in PR exits many Hemi Cars, 440, and a lot of 340 cars, also many clones.

ok here is a better copy of the build sheet. i got my build sheet from my demon and made some compairisions of the 2. to me it looks legit. i think if you send enough pictures of the engine block showing the vin stamping ,the transmission stamping, the radiator core support pic and the export tag along with all paper work i think it will help......i think it is real myself. the export thing is where i think he is hung up on. i would think he would want any and everything to make 100% on it being what it is........keep working with diane as well. she is pretty cool and will help alot.

sheet.jpg

Also I saw one day a guy that import a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger with 340 motor ( H code) very rare. Here in PR exits many Hemi Cars, 440, and a lot of 340 cars, also many clones.

let adam know about this as he is trying to document these rare darts!

I just received a email from Galen related with my issue of my broad cast sheet i get more calm,
As a part of his email he mention...
Samuel,

Can you send me some photos of the car? ( I will send the pictures this week)
The broadcast sheet calls out H25-Heater delete as well as being codes for H51-Air Conditioning. ( My car dont have heater and dont have Air conditioning, so I don't see any code with with H51)
3.23 ratio was standard, and you could only get a 3.55 ratio with a 6-Cylinder automatic. ( My car is 8 cylinder, right now my car have a 3:91, maybe was changed but I dont have proof of that)
When I began to decode the broadcast sheet it contradicted itself many times. ( I ask him if exist the posibility off erros on the broadcast)

I respond to Galen with my alegations, maybe he is confuse my broadcast with other, I think that He is continue in this investigation of my rare Demon!

Thanks to all here in this forum by all the help and support provided about coding and information about it.!!!! The best!!

I had something simular happen to me bout 3 ago. Paid $6000 for an apparent Hemi 0range 318 Duster that had the engine swapped to a 340 727 trans combo with an 8 3/4 rear. Official paper work concuring what the seller said etc.. I didnt know enough about I.D'ing engines etc... at the time needless to say the engine was never swapped just rebuilt in the 80's and it had a 7 1/4 rearend. Tried to go after the seller but would have cost more $$$ then it was worth plus court time.

Car is pictured below.

-
Back