disc brake conversion

-

whiteeagle

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a disc brake conversion on my 63 Dart. The spindles have the large ball joints. Does anyone have any idea of how or what cars they came on so I can buy new ball joints?
Thanks

I don't know what upper arms will work on an A of that model.
You might look at the ball joint to spindle adapters. I think those are at Doctor Differential ? I'm sure someone will chime in.

I pulled mine from a 76 Dart. Went on my 66 Valiant. I'm sure 63-66 had the small joints so, you should be fine going with 73-76 ball joints from either a Dart, Duster, Scamp, Valiant, Dart Sport.

I just finished a disc conversion using UCAs and spindles from a 75 Dart. I used the larger ball joints for the 75 Dart. I'm pretty sure any A Body from the early seventies will have a BBP and use the larger ball joints.

Good luck!

Your question isn't clear. If "The spindles have the large ball joints" means the upper ball joint, then your spindle is from a 73+ front disk brake car. Those also have sliding calipers with "caliper brackets", unlike the fixed 4-pot calipers of 72- disk brakes.

I don't have donor information, that's why I didn't know what years had the larger ball joints. I have 3 1963 Dart's and they of course have small ones.

-
Back