disc brake conversion

-

michaelkcmo

Reaction score
I have a 73 dart swinger with 10" front drums, any ideas on what would be the easiest and cheapest way to go to convert to discs?

FMJ disc brakes as long as the big ball joint is present in the upper control arm.

I have a set of FMJ spindles, backing plates, caliper brackets and attaching hardware for $125

I would say look for a 73 and later A-body disk front end either out of a junk yard or on ebay. I used to see them all the time for $250. You will need upper control arms, spindles, callipers, rotors, and proportioning valve.

FMJ disc brakes as long as the big ball joint is present in the upper control arm.

I have a set of FMJ spindles, backing plates, caliper brackets and attaching hardware for $125

Sorry crackedback, we must have been typing responses at the same time. I didn't mean to step on a sale opportunity.

If you can wait a month or two I will have everything you need for the conversion including upper control arms, new ball joints (upper and lower), bushings, master cyl and proportioning valve. Plus I'm in KC so you wouldn't have to pay shipping!!

i have a set of 73 disc brake spindles and caliper brackets $60 plus shipping!

thanks rick

-
Back