Disc brake kit

-
Links always seem to be bad because the advertising thing on the right hijacks them.

AbodyHEMI got it done for a poster earlier. I don't know what he did.

Here is the Ebay number you can look it up that way too.

That's the Scarebird disk brake adapters. I used their adapters for my rear disk brake setup. It's pretty nice. There are a few people on here that have used them and have had no problems.

Here is a link to there site.

http://www.scarebird.com

Thanks.I was just looking to see if it would be a wise addition to my wifes 66 Valiant and if it is an easy add on.

This is about the easiest kit to install as any of them out there. You pull your old drums off the front, have the hubs pressed out, remove the drum brake backing plates with brake parts, and reinstall starting with the Scarebird brackets. You don't have to take the front suspension apart or anything else weird. Since you reuse your old hubs, you can keep your 5 on 4" bolt pattern. Now for the downside. This kit uses Chevy calipers, rotors, Cadillac brake hoses, and requires a switch to Rallye wheels since the stock steelies won't clear the calipers. The kit rotors are 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern but they are dirt simple to redrill for 5 on 4" and that option is available from Scarebird. It all boils down to whether or not you can live with GM parts on your Mopar. I couldn't. That's why I have '75 Duster discs on my '66 Valiant.

What all would I need to get for the 75 Duster swap?

What the heck, just get your parts from NAPA then you won't feel guilty about having GM parts on your Mopar. Ma Mopar has used GM/Saganaw/Bendix parts for years. LOL toolman

What all would I need to get for the 75 Duster swap?

Upper control arms with ball joints, spindles, dust shields, lower ball joints, caliper adapters, calipers, rotors, and brake hoses. In short, pull the eccentric bolts out of the upper control arm mounts, break the lower ball joints loose from the lower control arms, remove the tie rod ends from the spindles, remove the brake hoses at the frame rail, and take the whole assembly. Replace worn parts as needed. You will wind up with the 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle on the front so you may need wheels. Stock steel 14X5.5" wheels work fine.

I'm getting the parts together to do the conversion. The whole reason I am using the kit is because of $$$$$$. Plus I used their adapters for my rear disk conversion and was impressed how everything went together. The kit is cheap and for about a little over $200 you have a complete disk conversion. The rotors cost $28 a piece and calipers cost $46 shipped to my door. The only expensive part of the whole kit are the adapters at $105. As far as GM parts, well brake parts are as far as I would go. It's not like your puttin a 350 in there.

-
Back