Disc brake master cyl bore size.

-
I'm surprised the 235/60/15's didn't rub before the swap, that's not a tire that fits on most cars with the stock rims. Usually a 225/60/15 is about as big a tire as you want to run with the stock 15" rims.

What is your rim size and backspace? Without that I'm just guessing.

I have crager ss wheels on the car I bought them used I was told there 5 inch wheels and there 15 inch Ive never had any rubbing or issues. If I drop to a 215/65/15 that may be enough difference what do you think? I don't have car here right now so I cant get the back spacing.

I have crager ss wheels on the car I bought them used I was told there 5 inch wheels and there 15 inch Ive never had any rubbing or issues. If I drop to a 215/65/15 that may be enough difference what do you think? I don't have car here right now so I cant get the back spacing.

5"??!!!

This is why I ask. I seriously doubt you have 235/60/15's on 15x5" rims. A 235/60/15 shouldn't be on anything narrower than a 15x6.5". Even a 215/60/15 isn't recommended for anything less than a 15x6". If you really have a 15x5 you should be running a 195.

I'd bet you probably have a 15x6 though. As far as the 215/60/15 goes, it really depends on how much interference there is. The 215 is shorter and narrower, so that helps on both fronts. A 235/60/15 is pretty tall for the front, and that can cause the interference you describe especially with a wider 73+ track. Whether or not the 215 will buy you enough room depends on the rims.

I'm sorry its been a long day they are 6 inch width. I'm disgusted with this swap right now I thought it was gonna be trouble free, I also had to replace 3 tie rod ends while I was in there and will also need a alignment. First I have to get through the rubbing issue. Thanks for all you have been telling me.

Well they don't make that size tire in bf Goodrich ta so I guess I must go to a 205/60/15 unless someone has a better idea.

Ideally you want to get wheels with around 1/4" to 1/2" more back-spacing, because the new disks have pushed the wheels outwards. Narrower tires might fix it too.

You should have at least 4" backspacing anyways.

Backspacing on wheels is 3.375

Oh that's miserable. That's a -6 offset.

Well, 215's wouldn't work anyway with that backspacing. They'd stick out further than my 275's. So, I think a 205 is probably the widest you can safely run. A 205/65/15 would be better, a 205/60/15 is only 24.7" tall. That's a pretty short tire up front. A 205/65/15 would be 25.5", which should be short enough to clear and tall enough not to look goofy. Of course, no BFG T/A in that size. They do sell a BFG Advantage T/A, but no raised white letters. Would probably perform better than a regular T/A too. But what doesn't? They make a tire paint that you could paint the side lettering with.

BFGoodrich Advantage T/A

Last edited:
205/65/15 available through, Welcome to NewstalgiaWheel.com Drove it down to front end shop he just walked around and said looks like a lot of neg camber and other things, maybe till he gets done with some adjustments torsion bars etc he can make it a nice car again. The brakes work good as long as you don't go around corners. I will fill you in tomorrow on how it goes.

Well it took a 205/60/15 to fix the rubbing, did good front end aleignment and brakes look and feel great. I now have a pair of 235/60/15 bf Goodrich ta tires with 300 miles on them for sale. $100 for the pair but I wont ship local pick up only.

-
Back