Disc Brake Master Cylinders?

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All three of the master cylinders pictured have larger rear reservoirs than the front. The rear reservoir on the one on the far left is marginally larger but is still larger than the front. All three are definitely about the same depth size and not as deep as the 73-up disc master cylinders. Are they in fact for disc brakes? Based on the covers anyone have an idea of what vehicle/year they are for? Comments welcomed.

Attachments

• hinges 010.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 360
  • hinges 009.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 359
The mater cylinder i pulled off my 70valiant had the middle master cylinders body but used the left ones cover. It was a manual with drums all the way around.

Those look Drum/Drum to me. Disk/drum are far more biased and have 2 different port threads.

The one on the right looks like the same one I had on my drum/drum '69 dart before I upgraded to front discs.

The only real difference GENERALLY is that the disc brake masters have no residual valve, which on those types is located in the ports

These are from the 67 manual. The "special tool" really only needs to be a sheet metal screw that will catch in the port seat, you can pull them out with a claw hammer

Attachments

• discmaster.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 332
  • residual.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 308
-
Back