disc brake upgrade options

-

walt

Reaction score
i have a 1970 dart swinger with 9" front drums. looking to convert to disc with 4.5 bolt pattern. short of using 73-76 stuff, what are the options? i would like to keep the spindles/arms/ etc that are already on car as they are in good shape. price isnt really an issue but ease of install is. thanks,walt

AR engineering has a nice bracket kit that uses drum spindles, Viper/Brembo calipers and mopar 11.75 rotors. you need to find reasonably priced viper calipers. I got mine from ebay for 300 bones. -pauly

If price isn't really an issue I suggest you replace all the spindles/arms/etc.. to 73 up A-body. Buying the correct replacement parts will be less confusing 5/10/20 years from now.

I would avoid drilled or slotted rotors if you can. Reason being...... They offer zero benefits outside of competition use, can't be turned and are often prone to hairline cracking.

thanks for the info fellas! been out of the game for awhile so forgive me if i seem alittle slow. some of the kits ive looked at seamed pretty straight forward. does any one make a kit that comes with the right master cylinder/prop valve as a package? car is street drivin with a small block and i see no future of it being a true strip car or even a 9/10/11 second terror. i just like the skinnies up front!!!! thanks,walter

Master Brake web site has everything you could ask for at some price.

-
Back