Disc brakes on a Dana?

-

swinginmy73

Reaction score
I have searched this forum and found great info on JGC disc brake swaps that is going to help with the 71 RR Build.Thank you. My question is this, has anyone done a drum to disc on a Dana 60?If so, can you provide some insight or a link please.:read2:

I did it with Mopar rear discs from an Imperial 9.25 rear axle. Literally a bolt in and has the parking brake cables. The Calipers are easy to find and use the same pads as the 73 up fronts.

I am doing a Master Power disc brake conversion on my Strange 60 right now. It uses redrilled Firebird rear discs, Cadillac calipers and MP brackets. Send me a PM if I can answer any questions.

I have a Wilwood kit for mine. You can find them on Ebay. I bought mine used. I see used sets all the time for $300 on Criagslist and RacingJunk.

What year was the Imperial? I gotta hunt down a 187 pan so I mine as well grab some disc setups while I am there! Should I say,hopefully, find the Pan. Do I need to change the proportioning valve or will the factory one be okay with disc in front now?

What year was the Imperial? I gotta hunt down a 187 pan so I mine as well grab some disc setups while I am there! Should I say,hopefully, find the Pan. Do I need to change the proportioning valve or will the factory one be okay with disc in front now?

1975-1976 Imperial
I would install an adjustable proportioning valve so you have the right balance between the front and rear.

Thanks for your input. As soon as I get the rearend I'll get the swap underway. I needed to do the complete drum setup so i thought,hmmmmmm why not? Thanks FABO.

WilWood rear disk with parking brake for me........... Still in the project stage
Donnie

Attachments

• Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 036 resized.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 055 resized.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 030 resized.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 130
  • My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal 071.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 138
What was the cost on the wilwood setup? I am literally brake stupid, when the question asked bore size on the mc I got stumped, hell, still havent figured that out!

Wilwood set up for a Dana 60 offers a few different packages. They are in Summit's catalog. A 12" drilled, slotted rotor, with a parking brake option and four piston anodized calipers with choice of red, black or clear is about $750 if I recall correctly.

With asetup like that,would the mc be something that I will also need to up grade?

-
Back