Disc brakes

-

cudatom

cudatom
Reaction score
I will soon be ordering a new disc brake conversion kit for my 69 Cuda. I was wondering if you guys had input on which kit seems to work the best. I have priced Master Power, SSBC, and one other one and they seem to be close in price. I also figured it would not save me but a few hundred dollars to do a swap useing 73-76 parts by the time I was done so I decided to go with a new kit. I want to upgrade to the 4.5 pattern and large ball joints so I wanted to do the brakes and suspension all at once. Any input? Thanks Tom

I have bought both SSBC, kit and also the Wilwwod kit. The reason for the SSBC is it has both 4" & 4.5 BC. On the Demon I wanted to use thye stock 14" ralley's. On the Cuda I only wanted the 4.5. Someone had ordered this brake kit at the speed shop I deal with and then returned it because he sold the car. So I got it cheap. the Wilwood kit is half the weight of the SSBC, but both set ups are good. The SSBC kit is really complete, It comes with a Master Cyl, adj prop valve, and some brake lines.

brake.JPG

disc1.JPG

for the price of one of those kits, you can pick up complete donor car, probably a runner, and pull the parts off that you need.

then sell the rest for parts OR swap the parts into place and re-sell the car!

sb

Master Power and SSBC are the same. Master power just resells the SSBC brakes. That is the first picture I posted. This kit has both the 4" pattern and the 4.5 pattern. I used this on the Demon. The nice thing about this brake kit is the disc's fit inside a 14" wheel, and the kit is good for the money.

wheel1.jpg

cudatom said:
Anyone used the disc conversion kits from MAster Power?

I used the Master Power on my '67 Cuda. Very good conversion kit. It included the upper control arms with
the large ball joints and the "slider" calipers.

Brakes.jpg

I originally purchased my SSBC kit from Master Power. I noticed today that they no longer sell the SSBC stuff. So the only way to get the 4" BC is go directly to SSBC, the part no. is A153. This fits all A body's 63 - 72 with 10" drum spindles.

I did my front discs for my '72 Duster on the cheap. Maybe $150 total. Pulled the parts from a totaled '73. Big ball joints and everything!

Greg

-
Back