disc break swap hose????

-

42willys

Reaction score
Hey all, just completed a front disc swap w/the f,m,j spindles. Caliper in the front.
On my 67 dart the termination of the hard line is in back.
Standarg 14/15 inch hose will not reach the hard line.
Any one know if there is a longer break hose that will work w/ the later style slide caliper.
or suggestions on possiblr a jump line??
thanks

I don't have an answer for your brake hose question but I am interested in your brake swap though. I believe the front end on your 67 dart is the same as my 65 Barracuda. I have a friend that has a J body that I can get the front brake parts. I would be interested in what parts you were able to use off the J. Thanks.

Put the calipers in the back, then just use a later stock hose.Switch the spindle from side to side.

Standard hose from a 1973-76 A body should fit. Those models had the caliper in front and the hard line to the rear.

Is there a correct or preferred way to mount the spindles? (hijack) I know they will mount either way. Doing the Fmj spindle also.

I ran into that hose problem on my very first disc brake upgrade ( 1981 ).
I did just enough creative bending on the short steel section of the 73 A-body hoses to prevent "pull apart".
A week or so later I realized all I needed to do was switch calipers side to side.
That would require flipping the caliper upside down just long enough to bleed it properly but hey, it works . A lot easier than switching spindles side to side.
You'll have to decide what method suits you best.
I should add , If you do decide to bend on the lines like I did be very careful and dont bend too close to the square banjo end. It might crack where the tubing meets the banjo block. Good luck

I used stock F-body hoses and put the calipers on the back of the spindle. Fewer worries about sway bar clearance there.

If a standard A body hose doesn't fit then you have the wrong calipers. This is just a factory swap so all factory parts should fit. Not really rocket science here, just bolting later model parts onto an early model car.

Standard hose from a 1973-76 A body should fit. Those models had the caliper in front and the hard line to the rear.

I agree. I did the 73-76 A-body swap on my 68 Barracuda with the calipers to the front and used the hose part number for a 73 Disk brake car. They fit perfectly.

I wasn't concerned about sway bar clearance issues because I used a 73 SB spool k-member when I swapped in the 360 and used a 73 style sway bar.

DiskBrake.jpg

-
Back