Disconnected wipers

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The wiper link arm thingies are disconnected on my 75 Scamp and I was just wondering what the easiest way is to get to em?

Lol!! I'm guessing the heater box n all will have to come out? My heat don't work either:(

You have to at least take out the heater controls and radio, having little kid hands would come in handy.

Not really. I'm 6'4" myself. I got the seat out so I can stretch out a little but I couldn't really figure out how to drop the heater box. I'll have to take that our n clean it in fix my wipers while I'm at it.

Lol! I was hoping ~I~ could get pics! I've never done anything like this b4!

Remove glove box, that should allow access to wiper parts, also it aids in removing heater box.

No air conditioning heater box is held in place by a ”J” rod that hooks over opening in cowl and drops straight down to back corner of box behind fresh air door. You will see a nut if looking near kick panel at underside of box below fresh air door.

After “J” rod, there two bolts or nuts securing heater core tubes, and four bolts at fan motor on engine side of fire wall that need to be undone. Disconnect control cables and motor electrical connections once glove box body is removed. Mark cables so they go back to correct flapper.

Consider getting a heater box rebuild kit from Detroit Muscle. Once cleaned out and rebuilt it will work like new.

You will need to get the plastic bushing cups that keeps the linkage attached to the arms , (available at most auto stores. You may want to get the pivot kit , since the old ones always leak.

Do yourself a favor and make a small slice in the bottom of the plastice cups, because when they are lubed they try to pop back off from the trapped air.
A little grease, and a small slice in the back and they go right on.

-
Back