disk brake front swap help

-

dustman 70

Mr twister
Reaction score
Hi all i was just wondering on my 70 duster im switching to disk i have everything lower control arms all of it do i really need to change the lower control arms is the disk lower balljoint different then the drum i have taken anything apart yet to mic it myself any help is apperciated

No, you DO NOT have to change the lower control arms.

What disc brake system will you be swapping too?

4 piston calipers, or single piston?

Yes, you will have to use the correct ball joints for the application that you will be using.

..........................HOWEVER............................ sounds to me like you are trying to save some labor, but ask yourself this:

JUST HOW GOOD are the strut bushings and LCA bushings? If they have a few miles on 'em, NOW would be the time to pull it ALL down and do it right.

Single piston calipers not trying to save time hust wanted to know if 73 up lower balljoonts will bolt to my 70 lower arms my strut bushings need replaced but im redoing the whole front suspension people i bought car off of drive it around with a damn near broken and completely bent tie rod sleeve have never seen amother like it it was ready to break for sure!!

I would say since you have lower arms in hand, go ahead and refurbish those along with everything else, then bolt it all in.

-
Back