Disowning Family Members

-
Dan,
Unfortunately MAJORITY rules. There were 250 acres attached to the farmstead even though the land and farmstead were separated to be sold they were still legally bound to the one estate. Of course I would have bought the 2 rubes out. That was part of my life's work but we would have done it just for the dog...
I was rolling my eyes at Dan for throwing his 2 cents in while admitting he didn't read the thread

I bet the 235K didn't go far. You couldn't buy that property here for less than a million.
Your sisters made a very bad move forcing the sale, I could never forgive my siblings for such a move.
Why didn't you buy them out, I would have.
I was just going to post same thing .
Hell I dont think you can buy ANY home in Idaho for 235k !

YOU are in charge of how you allow people to treat you. No one else but you. Set boundaries and don't let people cross them. If they do, then you have decisions to make. Nobody else has the right to judge you or try and tell you what's right for YOU.

I was just going to post same thing .
Hell I dont think you can buy ANY home in Idaho for 235k !
Iroquois County is one of the largest counties in Illinois...2nd or 3rd I believe. It is all agriculture, timber and small towns...so it is the least populated. That is why people like to live here. Inexpensive living, no neighbors, great hunting and fishing and lax government intrusion into your life and home. All the small farms have been swallowed by large farming operations and those farmers have mansions. I'll post a picture of our house, lot and shop and tell you in advance it was 125K. tell me what it would cost in Idaho.

310 Florida Dr, Crescent City, IL 60928 | Zillow This is what it looked like when we bought it before we moved in and started improving the property. It was built by a skilled contractor, his son and grandson. We really had no choice considering what happened with the family property so we looked long and hard for the right place. It is now landscaped in a similar fashion to mom's the shop is painted to match the house and landscaped...so we made the most of a terrible betrayal by my closest living relatives...

Last edited:
We live in a small village in Ontario approx 2 hours east of Toronto. I am not shitting you when I say your property here is $1million EASY!
Kudos to you for making the best of what you could. House/property is gorgeous by the way! :thumbsup:
Here's an example....

https://www.realtor.ca/l/bLabs/ja?propertyIds=26476626
310 Florida Dr, Crescent City, IL 60928 | Zillow This is what it looked like when we bought it before we moved in and started improving the property. It was built by a skilled contractor, his son and grandson. We really had no choice considering what happened with the family property so we looked long and hard for the right place. It is now landscaped in a similar fashion to mom's the shop is painted to match the house and landscaped...so we made the most of a terrible betrayal by my closest living relatives...

We live in a small village in Ontario approx 2 hours east of Toronto. I am not shitting you when I say your property here is $1million EASY!
Kudos to you for making the best of what you could. House/property is gorgeous by the way! :thumbsup:
Here's an example....

https://www.realtor.ca/l/bLabs/ja?propertyIds=26476626
Totally and completely off-topic here, but....

When I clicked the link I found myself jumping ahead to see the out-buildings right away! "Old habits", I guess, as my wife and I spent about 6 months looking at places online before we found our current home. She looked at the layout of the house, the neighborhood, the trees....

I just wanted to see the shed/shop/garage.

Yep, we're "stuck" where we are.. I couldn't care less about house....for me it's property and shop(s).
Totally and completely off-topic here, but....

When I clicked the link I found myself jumping ahead to see the out-buildings right away! "Old habits", I guess, as my wife and I spent about 6 months looking at places online before we found our current home. She looked at the layout of the house, the neighborhood, the trees....

I just wanted to see the shed/shop/garage.

Buncha Mopar people can't get along on the internet, where there's nothing at stake.
Fighting about people not getting along where there are things at stake.

:realcrazy:

Buncha Mopar people can't get along on the internet, where there's nothing at stake.

:realcrazy:
On here, folks will argue about anything. All I have to do is make a comment on something and watch what happens. They've been known to add to what I say, twist things around so I say that your right

My guess is 600k

My guess is 600k
Crazy isn't it? About a half a million dollars difference just from what state the property is in within the confines of the same country. The real estate ad does it no justice as there are no pictures of the bedrooms, bathrooms, formal dining room, office, laundry room, garage or any pictures of the shop. There is a 200 amp service in the basement...branched to another 100 amp service which feeds the upstairs and another isolation breaker box upstairs. 100 Amp in shop, full concrete floor no cracks with drains, water and plumbing for a bathroom this is all underneath the stairs to maximize square footage. Those guys were great builders....2 story shop the upstairs to the shop is all one giant room. It was the office and shop for their family home building company. I think there might have been divine intervention from mom after she saw from above what happened to her home.

Last edited:
I never got why people forgive family for **** that you wouldn't even forgive a stranger for.... i think being family makes it worse and i have no problem cutting out people that piss me off (mainly why i don't know anyone)....

My ex's sister used to steal all her **** for decades, she kept forgiving her.. a few years ago she goes into her jewlery **** in a locked room and everything is gone.. boxes are there but all empty.. we don't talk anymore but i'm sure she forgave her again..

I ran across an old post somewhere the other day where you and I got snippy with each other and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you.
Hopefully this will start a trend.

I ran across an old post somewhere the other day where you and I got snippy with each other and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you.
I'm not sure if you are talking to me or jos51700 but if I was snippy with you at one time you most certainly have my apology as well...and have a nice weekend.

Thinking my 90 yr old Mother would not survive hip surgery, one of her Daughters went thru her house and carted out valuables including jewelry, paintings and my late Fathers coveted coin & stamp collection.
Another sister brought a trailer from DC to move out a mahogany Japanese screen that my Father brought from Vietnam in the 70s. Fortunately, I had changed the locks, so they were thwarted.
Learning of the changed locks, the 3rd Sister verbally claimed many pieces of antique furniture.
2 of my sisters husbands are millionaires, if you can believe it.
The fourth sister was disowned many years ago when she became pregnated and eventually married the first guy she ever went out with...an illegal Alien from Guatemala (that she met working at McDonalds) who couldn't even speak English. "If you want me to get an abortion...I will she claimed." Sorry, too late.
-------------------------------------------------
Now the disowned Daughter has 2 Girls in their 20s living at home. Both Kids are loaded with tattoos and have had over 20 boyfriends SO FAR. The one tattooed herself at age 15 (large tattoos too). The Guate she married continually beats her, but she's too stupid to move on.

The Daughter that ransacked the house before I could change the locks had her Husband pass away form stomach cancer. She nagged him so bad about unpaid bills, he had to move out of his own house and die at his Buddie's house. His Buddy paid for his funeral.
After he died, she hunted down her only Daughter and repo'd her car because the Husband had paid for it and was paying the insurance to help her out. Imagine repro-ing your 21 yr old Daughters Car. The Kid was devastated and has disowned her Mother. We never heard from her again. She hates everybody in our family and we have never done anything but love her.

Thinking my 90 yr old Mother would not survive hip surgery, one of her Daughters went thru her house and carted out valuables including jewelry, paintings and my late Fathers coveted coin & stamp collection.
Another sister brought a trailer from DC to move out a mahogany Japanese screen that my Father brought from Vietnam in the 70s. Fortunately, I had changed the locks, so they were thwarted.
Learning of the changed locks, the 3rd Sister verbally claimed many pieces of antique furniture.
2 of my sisters husbands are millionaires, if you can believe it.
The fourth sister was disowned many years ago when she became pregnated and eventually married the first guy she ever went out with...an illegal Alien from Guatemala (that she met working at McDonalds) who couldn't even speak English. "If you want me to get an abortion...I will she claimed." Sorry, too late.
-------------------------------------------------
Now the disowned Daughter has 2 Girls in their 20s living at home. Both Kids are loaded with tattoos and have had over 20 boyfriends SO FAR. The one tattooed herself at age 15 (large tattoos too). The Guate she married continually beats her, but she's too stupid to move on.

The Daughter that ransacked the house before I could change the locks had her Husband pass away form stomach cancer. She nagged him so bad about unpaid bills, he had to move out of his own house and die at his Buddie's house. His Buddy paid for his funeral.
After he died, she hunted down her only Daughter and repo'd her car because the Husband had paid for it and was paying the insurance to help her out. Imagine repro-ing your 21 yr old Daughters Car. The Kid was devastated and has disowned her Mother. We never heard from her again. She hates everybody in our family and we have never done anything but love her.
WOW...I feel much better now! It's odd how you have 2 sisters who have millionaire husbands yet still exhibit that greed. That is what surprised me about my 2 sisters as well. One was married to a guy who had a seat on the Board of Trade and the other had an asphalt company, 30 rental properties and previous considerable wealth. Yet they still take, embezzle steal however you want to put it from the guys who actually work for a living and took care of the estate. I need to get back a hold of Steve for those hitmen's telephone numbers...LOL

My wife's sister is the poster child for sociopathic behavior. She's been married, bankrupt, and divorced eight or nine times now, and has recently left her current husband again, I've lost count of how many times she has left and then reconciled.
She cleaned out all of the valuables from MIL's house before the body was cold, meanwhile FIL was in care suffering from alzheimer's.
The night before MIL died, she stole several hundred dollars from MIL's purse, and had been bleeding MIL for years for money.
She had blamed my wife every time she got in trouble when they were children, and continued to do so until MIL died. She threatened to sue my wife when FIL died, claiming that she had been cheated out of a share of her parent's estate, but my wife had documented absolutely everything that had been paid on her behalf and a large chunk was also taken by the bankruptcy trustees. Had my wife not been so meticulous in her records the bankruptcy court could have confiscated her share as well.
My in laws gave SIL tens of thousands of $$ over the years for rent, furniture, food, etc. My wife asked for nothing, and got exactly that. We now live close to 1000 miles away, and have no inclination to visit.

^^^ There is no shortage of nut cases and crazies in this world. We all have flsws...but....
Millionaire. Many, not al... that I have seen will never have enough $$$$$. Greed.
If anyone has had no place to sleep except there pickup... they learn to appreciate any roof.

On here, folks will argue about anything. All I have to do is make a comment on something and watch what happens. They've been known to add to what I say, twist things around so I say that your right
YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH YOU HARLOT oh wait, sorry, old habits. :thumbsup:
If you mean me...I'm not surprised, but I hold no ill will. Your apology is genuinely accepted and I hope that you will accept my genuine apology to you for any spats that we've had.

Sorry to hear this, money does funny things. Your folks are the ones who should have written their will differently but probably this was accepted as plenty good when they had it drawn up. If you have any net worth it is really a chore to keep up with ever changing tax laws that can really affect an estate, keep your chin up!

Sorry to hear this, money does funny things. Your folks are the ones who should have written their will differently but probably this was accepted as plenty good when they had it drawn up. If you have any net worth it is really a chore to keep up with ever changing tax laws that can really affect an estate, keep your chin up!
From the outside this would seem to be true, but here is the problem. A very respected attorney in estate law drew up the will and trust for this estate. If a trustee turns rogue after the power of attorney is passed to him or her and the owner is deceased the beneficiaries can get hosed. I hired a retired judge that went back into estate law with a degree from the University of Illinois Champaign who was our neighbor and friend to our mother. With his help I was lucky to get out of it as good as I did. Trustees wield too much power with an inadequate legal system of checks and balances if they do not follow the will and or trust. If the trustee is honest and honors his/her fiduciary responsibilities to the beneficiaries / beneficiary it is not a problem. If there are 2 beneficiaries and one is the trustee, the lone beneficiary has no chance because there is no majority of people to out vote the beneficiary/trustee. If this person becomes dishonest it is a huge uphill battle for the lone beneficiary!

Last edited:
this is what you do. Get how ever many safety deposit boxes you need. Assign each box to the beneficiary YOU AS THE OWNER want it to go to. Only that beneficiary gets the key to that box. What's in that box is what they get. Do not have a trustee. Only a CPA or estate lawyer or both. Have a meeting with each beneficiary and have them sign in agreement of what they get in their respective box before relinquishing power of attorney. If they don't sign in agreement of what the OWNER is giving them they get nothing. LOL THE END

Last edited:
-
Back