Distribution block

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Hello I have a 1965 dart with 10" drums all around with single core master. I plan on doing a Kelsey Hayes brake swap and dual master at same time. I was wondering if I could re-use the distribution block and plug the hole for the rears. Then run a line from the master to a adjustable prop valve. Thanks Dustin

Sure you bet. The flare nut may or may not be "standard line size" as some factory nuts are larger than normal for the line.....good example is dual master cylinders.... Just buy the proper size "inverted flare plug." If you are lucky, it will be 3/16. Make sure you get a parts guy who KNOWS what he is doing. "inverted flare plug". That is what you want

Looks exactly like a tube flare nut except.........a plug

440269-131280.jpg

There is no need to plug the rear line ports on the distribution block if you bypass it completely with the rear line. The rear half of the distribution block is totally separated from the front half.

Change the distribution/prop valve to a disc unit.
No plugging or plumbing around anything required.

"The rear half of the distribution block is totally separated from the front half." This statement is incorrect-my original distribution block from my"fruit jar" master cylinder is not separated .When I put air pressure to it air comes out of ALL the ports -there is no separation between front & rear with my original distribution block. It appears the rear port is of smaller diameter than the front but they are ALL connected.My original rear tee fitting also has smaller ports-but the one that I purchased to replace it has much larger diameter ports for whatever reason.

The ports, or size of the tubing, are the same all around at 3/16". For some crazy reason Mopars just have big and small threads on the fittings. The larger threads are used on all the lines that go to the rear brakes,.

-
Back