distributor mechanical advance

-

ir3333

Reaction score
at what rpm is a stock mopar small block distributor at full mechanical advance?
at what rpm are the old Mopar Performance distributors at full mechanical advance?

"Stock" covers a lot of ground. The factory specs are in the FSM, which you can download at MyMopar. Bear in mind those are distributor degrees not crank degrees. And on that note, if you refer to "other" charts, like, maybe, "Motors Manual" some of those may also be rated at distributor shaft RPM and NOT crank RPM

I don't know about MP. Some of those were of different manufacture, and SOME had Mallory type adjustable mechanisms. You can tell by looking closely "down through" the distributor.

Here:

MP Distributor Tuning Tutorial

mopar MP adjustable advance - Google Search

not Mallory..the old mopar performance distributor as well as stock.
Was hoping for some actual numbers.This is not something you can read and would have to be tested.
I think some stock were as hi as 3500 rpm but not sure.

Was hoping for some actual numbers.This is not something you can read and would have to be tested.

Or even higher, as they have a LAAAAAzy curve.
You can almost relate it to how the stock transmissions shift. :D

What I'm saying is, some of the MP distributors came with a Mallory advance mechanism. You have to look into them carefully to determine.

Not the Mopar Performance distributors made by Mallory.
The "old" original Mopar Performance distributors and stock distributors.

-
Back