Diy Interior.

-
IMG_20181019_082542_01.jpg

Lol, but you get the idea....

All this Custom Fabrication and bone stock is what you're going for?
Yes I like original. Especially inside I love old classic original interior the look the feel the smell. I just cant afford to buy those aftermarket panels. So if I can make some that look close that will be good enough. I dont mind some subtle differences or improvements. Like real wood grain vs faux wood. But I want it to appear stock.

I am considering doing a black interior instead of the original white. I love white interior but I think with my color choice black will look better. And it will be easier to keep clean.

Sunburst-Orange-Metallic-Auto-Paint_208x203_2.jpg

I am considering doing a black interior instead of the original white. I love white interior but I think with my color choice black will look better. And it will be easier to keep clean.

View attachment 1715237682

NOT SO MY GOOD FRIEND, BLACK SHOWS EVERY THING THAT GETS ON IT !
Everything in my interior is black, and finished like a business coupe, it shows every spec of everything, except black grease .

Yea 200 for a piece of plastic is stupid lol I make plastic for a living can get all kinds of plastic.
I wonder if a cheap piece of wall paneling would work for the backer?

An Idea I had after spending the time and money$$$ getting a reproduction piece to fit in my car, was to just do my own next time with a material I found at the Home Depot, you should check this out. Material is 4x8 FRP board in a thickness that I think would work with a similar texture to your original, so you may not need to spend the additional cost of glue, and cloth to recover. You can go with the natural white board color, or can also spray it a color of your choice, I think a black trim semigloss would work. But either way painted or covered with material, it may be an option.

Headliner Pressboard Non-Perforated Vinyl For 1972-76 Plymouth Duster Off White | eBay
s-l500.jpg

4 ft. x 8 ft. White .090 FRP Wall Board-MFTF12IXA480009600 - The Home Depot

white-decorative-paneling-mftf12ixa480009600-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:
An Idea I had after spending the time and money$$$ getting a reproduction piece to fit in my car, was to just do my own next time with a material I found at the Home Depot, you should check this out. Material is 4x8 FRP board in a thickness that I think would work with a similar texture to your original, so you may not need to spend the additional cost of glue, and cloth to recover. You can go with the natural white board color, or can also spray it a color of your choice, I think a black trim semigloss would work. But either way painted or covered with material, it may be an option.

Headliner Pressboard Non-Perforated Vinyl For 1972-76 Plymouth Duster Off White | eBay
View attachment 1715237857

I actually thought of that stuff too I redid a shower with that stuff one time.

View attachment 1715237859

View attachment 1715237857

View attachment 1715237859

fiberglass reinforced plastic . not for me , used to work around and even installed a lot.

-
Back